Clinton, Weiner, Abedin Emails: Device Used By Former Congressman For ‘Sexting’ With 15-Year-Old

In a move that “rocked” the Democratic Party’s presidential campaign today, news of a connection between nominee Hillary Clinton, Anthony Weiner, and Clinton aide, Huma Abedin, Weiner’s wife, became public as the FBI continues to investigate Weiner for allegedly “sexting” a 15-year-old girl, as reported by the New York Times.

The Clinton-Weiner connection was previously known to the public, but its presence did not seem to be a detriment to the former Secretary of State’s campaign. The former New York congressman has developed a reputation for engaging in lewd conduct online; now to the point that a federal investigation into illicit messages sent by Mr. Weiner to a 15-year-old North Carolina girl has been opened.

[Photo by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images]

Emails connected to Huma Abedin, Weiner’s recently-separated wife, were found on a device that Weiner used to communicate with the girl in North Carolina. The former congressman’s activity was described as “sexting” by the New York Post.

Without addressing potential connections between Clinton, Weiner, or Abedin, FBI Director James Comey wrote to U.S. Congress with regard to the matter in a letter hosted by the New York Times.

Cenk Uygur with The Young Turks described Comey “dropping a bomb” on the 2016 election and stated that he had “significant doubts” about the FBI director.

“Although the FBI cannot yet assess whether or not this material may be significant, and I cannot predict how long it will take to complete this additional work, I believe it is important to update your Committees about our efforts in light of my previous testimony,” Comey’s letter to congress reads.

Concerns have been raised that classified emails or other documents were stored on the device used by Anthony Weiner to communicate inappropriately with a 15-year-old, though the FBI appears to admit that it does not know with certainty what the contents of the documents in question may be. It is said to be “unclear” if any emails from Hillary Clinton’s private email server were present on the Weiner computer.

“Tens of thousands of emails” to and from Huma Abedin were reportedly stored on the computer used by her estranged husband. The computer has been seized by the FBI as part of its investigation into former congressman Weiner. The possibility that some of the emails currently under scrutiny may be duplicates of those already investigated is said to exist.

Huma Abedin with Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton. [Image by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images]

The Clinton-Weiner connecting emails referred to in the letter drafted by Comey is reported to have made members of the Democratic Party “furious” while bolstering the spirits of the presidential campaign of Donald Trump, the Republican nominee.

Clinton was said to take issue with Comey over the timing of the letter, coming just 11 days before the election, and its lack of detail.

“We are calling on the FBI to release all the information that it has,” the former secretary of state was quoted. “Let’s get it out.”

“It is extraordinary that we would see something like this just 11 days out from a presidential election,” Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta stated.

Earlier this week, when asked if FBI Director Comey is corrupt by ABC News‘ George Stephanopoulos, Donald Trump stated “George, George. She’s so guilty,” perhaps dodging the question, as previously reported by the Inquisitr.

“I have great respect for the fact that the FBI and the DOJ are now willing to have the courage to right the horrible mistake that they made,” Donald Trump was quoted with regard to the Clinton-Weiner-Abedin email investigation.

The FBI did not directly make the Weiner-Clinton-Abedin connection in its letter to congress, the story is attributed to “a senior law enforcement official” by the New York Times.

The news has caused only a minor slip in odds given by presidential election analysts FiveThirtyEight for the Democrat. Hillary Clinton is currently seen with an 81.5 percent chance of winning the presidency. Donald Trump is given an 18.5 percent chance.

The odds that the Democratic Party retakes control of the U.S. Senate given by FiveThirtyEight have increased from 69.9 percent observed earlier today, as reported by the Inquisitr, to their current level of 72.8 percent, seemingly unaffected by any apparent Clinton-Weiner-Abedin email connection.

[Featured Image by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images]

Share this article: Clinton, Weiner, Abedin Emails: Device Used By Former Congressman For ‘Sexting’ With 15-Year-Old
More from Inquisitr