Man Farts During Surgery, Burns Beans & Franks

Duncan Riley - Author
By

Jun. 15 2013, Updated 8:44 p.m. ET

A 30 year old man in Denmark is walking a little more gingerly lately, after a minor surgery to his buttocks turned into a smouldering mess.

The man was laying on an operating table in a local hospital having a mole removed from his buttocks. The doctor was using an electric scalpel to remove the mole and cauterize the incision, when the man passed gas. The electric scalpel combined with the methane gas was enough to create a spark that ignited the surgical spirits covering the man’s genitals, setting them on fire.

The man, who is now suing the hospital, said:

Article continues below advertisement
Blockquote open

“When I woke up, my penis and scrotum were burning like hell. Besides the pain, I can’t have sex with my wife.”

- Blockquote close

Surgeons at the hospital said: “It was an unfortunate accident.”

Advertisement

Latest #metoo News and Updates

    © Copyright 2023 The Inquisitr. The Inquisitr is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.