As Fox prepares for the season premieres of Gotham, New Girl, Bones, and Family Guy next week, Netflix has made room in its seemingly endless list of content for the prior seasons of all four of those shows. Even though the month is more than halfway over, Netflix still has a healthy dose of new content that will become available over the next 13 days. A large chunk of what's left for September comes over the course of the next week.
Five titles with the "Netflix Originals" tag will be added this week, including the premiere season of Easy and new seasons of Longmire and VeggieTales in the House. The Netflix Original movie Audrie & Daisy is added to the mix, while Iliza Shlesinger is the latest stand-up comedian to drop a new special on Netflix with Confirmed Kills. Although it's not a Netflix Original, a good follow-up to Iliza's special might be the stand-up routine from a fellow female comedian in Margaret Cho: PsyCHO, which is also being added to Netflix this week.
Gotham (Season 2) -- September 19As Season 3 of Gotham premieres on Monday night at 8/7c, Season 2 becomes available to binge on Netflix. With 22 episodes, each approximately 45 minutes in length, it would be totally possible to binge the entire second season on Netflix before switching to Fox to find out what happens next. Also available on September 19 is the fifth season of Call the Midwife, a BBC period drama about midwives in the 1950s.
New Girl (Season 5) -- September 20The fifth season of New Girl featured six episodes that didn't include star Zooey Deschanel, as the actress/musician was on maternity leave. Filling her shoes during that absence was the equally gorgeous Megan Fox. With Jess absent for so much of the season, the focus of the show turned to the romance between Schmidt (Max Greenfield) and Cece (Hannah Simone). Along with New Girl, Netflix will be adding Colliding Dreams (a documentary on Zionism) and Zootopia (the Disney animated film about a city of anthropomorphic animals) on September 20.
Portlandia (Season 6) -- September 24Portlandia has an astonishing score of 97 percent at Rotten Tomatoes. For Season 6, Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein are joined by such guests as Louis C.K., Steve Buscemi, and Jillian Bell. On a more serious note, Netflix will make the movie River available on the same day. It tells the story of an American doctor in Laos trying to avoid being charged with a murder he did not commit.
RELATED REPORTS BY THE INQUISITR
- Netflix: Simone Missick To Play Misty Knight In Marvel's Luke Cage — But Not Iron Fist
- New On Netflix: Original Series Stranger Things, Ghostbusters Documentary, And More
- Stephen Colbert Keeps The Late Show Political With Hunger Games Parody And Hillary Clinton
- Netflix: Full Trailer For Marvel's Luke Cage Released Today
- Netflix And Chill: Top Picks For The '420' Holiday On April 20
- New Netflix Originals: Donald Trump Spoof, The Beatles For Kids, And A Jeff Foxworthy/Cable Guy Special
- South Park Season 20 Premiere Takes On Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, Colin Kaepernick, J.J. Abrams, Star Wars, And Internet Trolls
- Netflix: Tired Of Waiting For A New Season Of Marvel's Daredevil? Check Out The Cast In These Other Netflix Options
- New Movies On Netflix This Weekend: Jaws, Bill & Ted, Footloose, And Top Gun
Family Guy (Season 14) -- September 25As South Park begins its 20th season on Comedy Central -- and The Simpsons begins its 28th on Fox -- Family Guy embarks on Season 15. From a Korean excursion, to an Adderall addiction shared by Brian and Stewie, Season 14 is everything fans have come to expect of Family Guy and Seth MacFarlane. More comedy added to Netflix that same day is Margaret Cho's special, PsyCHO.Of course, Netflix is the source of eternal streaming content, so there is even more that will be made available to stream this week and through the rest of September. According to the list provided by The Nerd Recites, here are all the titles that Netflix will be releasing before the calendar reaches October.
- Call the Midwife (Season 5) -- September 19
- Gotham (Season 2) -- September 19
- Colliding Dreams (2016) -- September 20
- New Girl (Season 5) -- September 20
- Zootopia (2016) -- September 20
- Bones (Season 11) -- September 22
- Easy (Season 1) -- September 22
- Wallander (Season 4) -- September 22
- Audrie & Daisy (2016) -- September 23
- Iliza Shlesinger: Confirmed Kills (2016) -- September 23
- Last Man Standing (Season 5) -- September 23
- Longmire (Season 5) -- September 23
- VeggieTales in the House (Season 4) -- September 23
- Portlandia (Season 6) -- September 24
- River (2016) -- September 24
- Family Guy (Season 14) -- September 25
- Margaret Cho: PsyCHO (2015) -- September 25
- The Fosters (Season 4, Part A) -- September 28
- The Imitation Game (2014) -- September 28
- Amanda Knox (2016) -- September 30
- Marvel's Luke Cage (Season 1) -- September 30
- Scream (Season 2) -- September 30
[Featured Image by FOX/Gotham]