The official cast list for the 2016 season of Dancing With the Stars was released this week and fans were stunned and disappointed that a familiar name was not announced. Mark Ballas was not one of the professional dancer names revealed and many were shocked. Mark is favored by many, and fans of DWTS are wondering why Ballas chose to not compete on Season 23.
Ballas did not let his followers dwell on is absence for very long. Mark took to social media to share a handwritten note addressing his departure from Dancing With the Stars. In the letter shared on Instagram, Mark captioned the photo by saying, “From me to you.” Ballas began the note by thanking fans for their support over the years. Mark wished his fellow dancers luck on the upcoming season and expressed how he would miss “competing and creating outside the box.”
While Ballas did not reveal what his actual plans for the future are in the letter, Mark shared he is looking forward to the next chapter in his life. Ballas said he will be revealing very soon where fans will be able to find him. Mark expressed his love for everyone and said he is grateful for all the loyalty and support he has been receiving.
While there have been no official announcements regarding Mark Ballas’ plans, Entertainment Tonight revealed that a source shared with them that Ballas will be moving to New York City sometime during the next month for an exciting new career opportunity. Reportedly, Mark has accepted an offer to star in a leading role in the Broadway hit Jersey Boys. The famous musical is the story about how Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons gained their rise to become international superstars. A spokesperson for Jersey Boys has reportedly not commented on the speculation that Ballas will be joining the cast.
Ballas has been on Dancing With the Stars since Season 5 aired in 2007. Up until this shocking departure, Ballas had not missed a season of competing on the popular show since then. Mark has won the coveted mirror ball trophy twice since competing on DWTS. He won the first trophy with figure skater Kristi Yamaguchi during Season 6. Ballas’ second win came in Season 8 with gymnast Shawn Johnson. Ballas will be greatly missed by fans after having been a part of the show for over nine years.
While Ballas has not been choreographing for his own routines lately, Mark has been creating killer dance moves for a few others. Ballas was brought in to choreograph two different routines for the hit show So You Think You Can Dance: The Next Generation. According to Just Jared, thanks to Mark’s brilliant choreography skills and the amazing talent of the young dancers, one pair made it into the top five. One of the dancing pairs was unfortunately eliminated. Ballas still expressed his pride in all of them on Instagram.
Ballas is a man of many talents from dancing to music. He has even released several music singles. Mark is passionate about his career and no doubt wherever his journey leads him he will find success and his loyal fans will follow. Ballas has vowed to share soon where his new adventure is taking him.
While Ballas will not be competing on season 23 of Dancing With the Stars, there are many other fan favorites who are returning. Derek Hough is one professional who will be dancing this season. Cheryl Burke has also announced her return to the show. Others professional dancers also include, Maksim Chmerkovskiy and his brother Valentin Chmerkovskiy, Witney Carson, Lindsay Arnold, Sharna Burgess, Jenna Johnson, Artem Chigvintsev, Emma Slater, Allison Holker and Sasha Farber. Ballas will not be competing this season, but he will be cheering on his fellow dancers when Dancing With the Stars premieres on ABC, September 12.
[Photo by Maury Phillips/Getty Images for GBK Productions]