Imagine if you were using the bathroom and all the sudden you feel something bite you. It would be shocking, to say the least. That is exactly what happened to a Thai man a few days ago. Channel 4 New York reported that a man named Attaporn Boonmakchuay from Thailand stated that he endured a snake bite from a 10-foot python that latched on to him when he was sitting on the commode. If that’s not shocking enough, he claims the snake took hold of his genitals and wouldn’t let go for over 30 minutes.
The man stated that the encounter with the slithering beast resulted in a bloody mess when Attaporn tried to get the creature to loosen its grip on his skin. The more he sought to remove the snake, the deep the snake dug into his skin. Finally, after 30 minutes, the man, his neighbor, and his wife were able to break free from the snake, and he was transferred to the local hospital for treatment.
Attaporn Boonmakchuay was interviewed about his experience and was all smiles for the cameras. He told the press that he will recover from the ordeal and will not suffer any long-term effects of his encounter. His hospital room told a different story, with blood splattered all over the floor as the doctors rushed hours before to stop the bleeding from his gaping wounds after the snake bit him.
The man said that after about 30 minutes struggling with the python, his wife and neighbor finally got the animal to let go of his skin. Attaporn explained that he finally managed to pry the reptile’s jaw open and passed out from the pain. His wife tied a rope around the snake’s head and called an ambulance to take her husband to the hospital for treatment.
Emergency workers worked hard to get the snake out of the toilet. They eventually had to break the toilet and transported the python to release it back into the wild. Before releasing the animal, they measured the snake and were shocked to learn it was over 10 feet long.
The doctors stated that the man will suffer no long-term effects of his horrifying ordeal with the snake. The Thai man was lucky because the snake could have inflicted permanent damage to his genitals from the horrifying bite.
“He has a really good attitude… even though his own wife and children were in shock. He’s been smiling and giving interviews all day from his bed.”
It is relatively rare to find a snake in the toilet like this because the living conditions in the sewer are not very good. Think about it: In a sewer, there are many strains of bacteria, not to mention the area is dark and cold. Snakes have a very hard time keeping their body temperatures, making it nearly impossible for them to live or come from the sewer. It is much more likely the snake was in the sewer line because it was cold and in danger of dying.
Attaporn Boonmakchuay will recover from his injuries and have a story to tell for years to come. His doctors stated that he has recovered with very little emotional distress, but his family is another story. His wife and children couldn’t believe that a 10-foot snake was stuck in their toilet and had a hold of their father’s manhood for over 30 minutes.
What would you do if you found a python in your toilet? What if the same snake tried to chomp on your genitals? Voice your opinion in the comments section below, and come back later for more trending news and updates.
[Image via Shutterstock]