Sinead O’Connor Threatens Lawsuit Against Family In Troubling Facebook Post

Sinead O’Connor has had a rough couple of years, and over the weekend, she worried fans and friends when she briefly went missing from the Chicago suburb she’s been living in. The singer was found safe, but she took to social media to post another rant aimed at her former partner and made some seemingly suicidal comments.

O’Connor reportedly went for a morning walk over the weekend and didn’t immediately return to the home where she’s been staying, and police were called to check on her well-being. She was found safe on Monday, but it’s not clear where she was. During the time that she was missing, Sinead took to Facebook to post about her health issues and blamed her ex, John Reynolds, for her disappearance.

“None of you will ever see me again because of what you’ve done. If I manage not to kill myself, you’ll be paying the medical costs which have been and will continue to be involved with that, since you were and remain the chief co-ordinator of my total psychological and emotional destruction…I will see you all in court. I want damages. I have been unable to work. I have lost last year’s income and this year’s. I have had enormous medical expenses, and enormous trauma because of your torturing of me,” O’Connor wrote.

O’Connor also addressed her mental state in the post, saying that her family doesn’t understand what she’s going through.

“All you did is accuse me falsely. Your understanding of my medical situation is medieval. I intend to bring every one of you to court for pushing me to the brink of death over and over. And being so disappointed when you fail. You have BRUTALISED me all my life. Just as my mother was Brutalised. You never asked yourselves whether your abuse would cost my two young sons their mother. It did. I had to flee here to America just to try and live. Leaving everything and everyone I knew. Such is the fate of Irish people with mental illnesses.”

It isn’t the first time Sinead O’Connor has taken to social media to make a troubling post. In November, she drew national attention when she went missing and wrote that she had taken an intentional overdose because of things her family had done to her.

“There is only so much any woman can be expected to bear. I’ve taken an overdose. There is no other way to get respect…I’m at a hotel, somewhere in Ireland, under another name. If I wasn’t posting this, my kids and family wouldn’t even find out.”

Sinead told Oprah Winfrey several years ago that she attempted suicide when she was 33 and has worried fans for years with her cryptic tweets and Facebook posts.

O’Connor is currently embattled in another lawsuit, this time as a defendant. Arsenio Hall has reportedly accused her of libel after she reported him to the police for allegedly supplying pop superstar Prince with drugs. The recent sudden death of the pop star is under investigation, but Sinead says that for her, it’s no secret what killed him.

“Two words for the DEA investigating where Prince got his drugs over the decades: Arsenio Hall… Anyone imagining prince was not a long time hard drug user is living in cloud cuckoo land,” O’Connor reportedly wrote on Facebook.

One of O’Connor’s biggest hits, “Nothing Compares 2 U,” was written by Prince. It appears that Sinead O’Connor has taken down her Facebook page, but it is unclear whether her absence on the social media site has anything to do with the lawsuit.

[Photo by Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images]