It’s been just about four years since Castle Crashers was first released on Xbox Live Arcade–and just under two years since its release on PlayStation Network–and now it looks like The Behemoth’s beat-’em-up RPG is finally making its way to Steam.
The Steam version of Castle Crashers will come with Steamworks support, meaning you’ll be able to rack up more Steam achievements and keep your saves in Steam’s cloud for easy transfer between computers.
Unfortunately, we don’t have a release date for Castle Crashers on Steam just yet, but The Behemoth said in a blog post that the port is “almost here,” so you can likely expect to see it on the digital distribution platform sooner rather than later.
For now, you can go over the Castle Crashers list of features, as well as the game’s system requirements, directly below.
Castle Crashers Steam Features:
– Integrated voice chat
– Steam Achievements
– Gamepad support
– Steam Cloud Support
– Local and Online Multiplayer
– Colorful hand drawn 2D visuals!
– Over 30 levels plus five arena modes
– Unlock more than 25 characters and over 40 weapons!
– Intuitive combo and magic system: Unlock an arsenal of new attacks as your character progresses through the game.
– Experience system: Level up your character and adjust Strength, Magic, Defense, and Agility.
– Animal orbs: These adorable little companions each add different abilities to aid you on your journey
– Arena mode: Battle other players in free-for-all or team matches with four unique modes to choose from!
– Insane Mode: Test your skills in the ultimate campaign challenge.
– OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8
– Processor: Dual Core Processor 2GHz+
– Memory: 1GB
– Hard Disk Space: 300MB
– Video Card: Graphics: 256 MB dedicated directx 9.0c compatible card
– Sound: DirectX 9.0 compatible sound card