On the final WWE Monday Night RAW before WWE Payback 2016 this Sunday, Shane McMahon ran the show one final time (possibly) in preparation for several big matches this weekend. Roman Reigns continues to run into problems with the Bullet Club, building towards his match against AJ Styles for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.
The recent passing of Chyna (Joanie Laurer) was acknowledged with both a graphic at the beginning of RAW and a video package after the match promoting the feud over the WWE Women's Championship. Stephanie McMahon was escorted from the arena by security, while in-ring promos were abundant, including those from The New Day, Dean Ambrose, Enzo and Big Cass, Chris Jericho and more.
The full results for last night's WWE Monday Night RAW and the updated match-list for the WWE Payback 2016 card are below.
WWE Monday Night RAW ResultsThe following includes all of the matches and their results from WWE RAW on April 18.
- AJ Styles pinned Sheamus
- Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows defeated The Usos (Karl Anderson pinned Jimmy Uso)
- Sami Zayn pinned Rusev
- Apollo Crews pinned Stardust
- Natalya submitted Emma
- Roman Reigns pinned Alberto Del Rio
- Shane McMahon opened the show and was soon joined by sibling rival Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley. While Shane was in charge of RAW for at least one more night, it was established that Vince McMahon will decide on Sunday (presumably at WWE Payback 2016) who is in charge going forward. Shane then had Stephanie removed from the ring by security.
- Although they did not get involved in the match, Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson came out at the top of the ramp to applaud AJ Styles after his victory over Sheamus. After The Bullet Club defeated The Usos, Roman Reigns came out to stop the post-match beat-down and chased Anderson and Gallows from the ring. In a backstage interview, the tag team assured Styles that they weren't going to jeopardize his chance to win the title at Payback. After Reigns defeated Del Rio in the main event, Gallows and Anderson attacked the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Styles called the men off, but Reigns still hit him with a Superman punch. After Reigns cleared Gallows and Anderson from the ring, Styles took out the champion with a flying forearm from the top rope.
- Building toward their match at WWE Payback, a lot of the same video package footage was shown that NXT used for their version of the Kevin Owens/Sami Zayn feud. After defeating Rusev, Zayn was laid out on the ramp by Owens.
- In a backstage interview before their match, Apollo Crews talked to Stardust about the help he received in NXT from Dusty Rhodes.
- The New Day had an in-ring segment to promote the tournament sponsored by Booty-O's. They were joined by The Vaudevillains and Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady. No physical altercation ensued.
RELATED REPORTS BY THE INQUISITR
- WWE News: Who Are The 'Bullet Club' And Why Do They Matter?
- WWE Rumors: Interesting Reason Why The Undertaker Was Pulled From European Tour And His 'WrestleMania 33' Status
- WWE News — 'NXT TakeOver: Dallas' (The Live Experience & Results)
- WWE News: Jim Ross Wants To See Brock Lesnar vs. Samoa Joe At 'WrestleMania 33'
- Dean Ambrose and Chris Jericho had an in-ring segment to promote their match at WWE Payback. It lead to a fight outside the ring where Y2J put The Lunatice Fringe in the Walls of Jericho on top of the announce table.
- Charlotte provided guest commentary during the Natalya/Emma match and was accompanied by Ric Flair. Avoiding an altercation post-match, Charlotte hid behind Ric. During the match, the fans could be heard chanting "We want Sasha!"
- A video tribute was played honoring the late Joanie "Chyna" Laurer after the women's match.
- Dolph Ziggler attacked Baron Corbin prior to his match, like Corbin did to Ziggler on SmackDown. Referees separated the men before either could truly get the upper hand.
- The Miz and Maryse were interrupted once again by Cesaro. Before the segment ended, The Miz tried to attack Cesaro, who laid the Intercontinental Champion out.
- Spoilers were aired twice for WWE NXT airing on Wednesday night.
- Another vignette was shown with the former Los Matadores in Puerto Rico.
Updated WWE Payback Match-List
- WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match -- Roman Reigns (c) vs. AJ Styles
- WWE Women's Championship Match -- Charlotte (c) (w/ Ric Flair) vs. Natalya (w/ Bret Hart)
- WWE Intercontinental Championship Match -- The Miz (c) (w/ Maryse) vs. Cesaro
- Dean Ambrose vs. Chris Jericho
- Shane McMahon or Stephanie McMahon -- Vince decides who runs RAW
- Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens
- No. 1 Contenders' Tag Team Tournament Finals -- Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady vs. The Vaudevillains
- Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin
- WWE United States Championship Match -- Kalisto (c) vs. Ryback (WWE Payback kick-off show)
Where To WatchWWE Payback airs live on the WWE Network on Sunday, May 1 at 7/6c.
WWE Monday Night RAW airs live on the USA Network at 8/7c. Replays of WWE RAW aren't made available on the WWE Network until several weeks after the original air date. However, a 90-minute version of Monday Night RAW is available to stream on-demand the following day with a Hulu Plus subscription.
[Image via WWE]