Johnny Manziel: Dallas Police Have Surveillance Video from Hotel Where Alleged Assault Of Ex Colleen Crowley Began

Dallas Police continue to investigate the assault allegedly perpetrated by Johnny Manziel on his ex-girlfriend, Colleen Crowley, on January 30, 2016, according to ESPN. On Saturday, police said they had obtained surveillance video related to the incident. However, it was not revealed exactly what is shown in the footage.

A source told ESPN that the video is from the Hotel ZaZa in Dallas, where Crowley claims the alleged attack involving Manziel began.

At a news conference regarding Manziel’s case, Maj. Midge Boyle with the Dallas Police said, “As this remains an ongoing investigation, no details of the investigation will be released at this time,” reports the Dallas Morning News. Maj. Boyle continued, “We would like to finish the investigation as soon as possible, but detectives work around the victim’s and the witnesses’ schedules which can sometimes delay the process.”

According to the Houston Chronicle, Dallas Police stated, “Up to this point in the investigation, detectives have continued communicating with the complainant and interviewed witnesses… Detectives received medical records from the complainant, and obtained video from surveillance cameras. Detectives are continuing with their efforts to fully investigate the facts of this case.”

In an affidavit made following the incident, Crowley said she and Manziel, a Heisman Trophy winner, engaged in a dispute in his hotel room at around 1:45 a.m. on January 30, according to USA Today. Crowley stated that Manziel threw her onto the bed following a discussion about a prior girlfriend of his, after which Manziel would not let her leave.

Crowley said in the affidavit that Manziel forced her downstairs to the valet, who allegedly ignored her cries for help. The couple entered Crowley’s car and the football star took the wheel, at which time Crowley indicates she tried to jump out.

Dallas Police continue to investigate the Jan. 30 alleged assault of Colleen Crowley by her ex Johnny Manziel

The affidavit further states that Manziel chased Crowley, grabbed her and threw her back into the vehicle, and hit her left ear causing her eardrum to rupture, USA Today reports. Crowley admitted in the affidavit she hit Manziel several times in an attempt to get away from him, but instead she fell onto the floor after hitting her head on the car window.

According to the Houston Chronicle, Crowley told police while reporting the alleged January attack that she believed Manziel may have been on drugs because of the way he was acting. Police became concerned about the NFL star after Crowley also revealed she was worried about Manziel’s well-being, which resulted in a helicopter search. Authorities eventually found Manziel, who was fine.

Manziel has not been arrested for the alleged incident, which prompted questions at Saturday’s news conference as to why the football player had not been detained when others have been taken into custody for much less. According to The Plain Dealer, Maj. Boyle responded by saying, “We’re letting the officer and the detective do their due diligence. We want to make sure that all of the facts are there and clear and we’ll present it to the prosecutors.” When asked about the case being referred to a grand jury, Maj. Boyle said that decision would not be made until police had obtained all the facts regarding Manziel’s case.

Dallas Police continue to investigate the Jan. 30 alleged assault of Colleen Crowley by her ex Johnny Manziel
[Photo By Jared Wickerham/Getty Images]

Fox Sports reports that although Manziel has not been arrested, a judge has issued Crowley a protection order against the athlete.

According to the Dallas Morning News, Manziel and Crowley split in December after dating for about two years. Last October, the couple was involved in another incident in Avon, Ohio, when Manziel was pulled over by police after reports that a female was trying to exit his moving vehicle, reports CBS 19. Manziel and Crowley admitted they had been drinking, but were not drunk, so both were allowed to drive off in the quarterback’s car.

After the Ohio debacle, Manziel and Crowley each took to their respective Twitter pages and wrote that the incident was just an argument and that they were fine. After the latest incident, both have erased any mention of the other on their social media accounts.

Despite the recent Dallas Police investigation, Manziel has remained in good spirits and was in Houston last weekend performing groomsman duties at the wedding of Tampa Bay wide receiver Mike Evans. TMZ reports that Evans said Manziel “seemed good” and noted, “I got his back. That’s all you need to know.”

[Photo By LM Otero/AP Photo]