Indian Teen, 14, Who Was Abducted For Two Weeks, Was Gang-Raped And Shot Just Before Being Dumped In Well

A 14-year-old Indian teen who was abducted while walking to a supermarket in New Delhi, was gang-raped over a period of two weeks, then was shot twice just before being dumped in a well, according to the Daily Mail. Although the teen – whose name has been withheld for legal reasons – was left for dead, she survived the attack and went public with her story.

On November 22, 2015, the Indian teenager was walking to a local supermarket to buy milk when she was allegedly abducted by three men and taken to a dark room for two weeks. “I didn’t want to die. I had to see my mother again. I was not going to die that night,” the teen said. “I tried shouting but they put a cloth into my mouth and quickly tied my hands and legs with rope so I couldn’t escape.”

“I was terrified. I think I knew what was going to happen. I still tried to struggle, I wasn’t going to give in easily.”

She said the three men that allegedly abducted her, took her to a dark room where they took turns raping her. She said, “Every time they gave me water or any food they raped me. There was nothing I could do. I just looked away and closed my eyes. I could smell alcohol on their breath but they never said a word to me, they just raped me and then left. I was determined to fight my way out of the h***.”

“I didn’t let myself think for one minute that I was going to die.”

According to the Mirror, the teen stated that “After a fortnight of repeated abuse, one night they said they will let me go. They put me in the car and drove to a store to buy alcohol and then parked the car near a well.”

“They told me they will let me go but as I took a few steps back, they fired two shots. The first bullet hit my bone. I didn’t feel a thing, my body just went numb. But after the second one I fainted.”

After the teen was shot by one of the men who allegedly abducted her, she said she blacked out and when she “regained consciousness,” the Indian teen was in excruciating pain and soon discovered that she had been dumped inside a well. She also stated that she was able to see one of the bullets protruding from her chest and told reporters that she “yanked it out.” When she “managed to hear a car drive away and as soon as I thought it was safe I started shouting for help. My body felt numb but I knew I had to keep shouting.”

Local residents heard her screams and rushed to her aide, pulling her out of the well using a rope. She was later rushed to “Yatharth Wellness hospital, in Greater Noida, west Delhi, in northern India” where she made a full recovery.

When the teen saw her mother Mamta, 24, for the first time since the abduction, she said she cried tears of joy and at that very moment, she knew “The nightmare was over.” Her mother said, “I feared my daughter had died. I prayed I would see her alive again but terrible thoughts went through my mind. I was terrified. I’m so happy to have her with me again.”

“We all know rape is common in India but I never believed it would affect our family. I’m terrified for the future of my daughters in this country. All rapists should be punished – I want them all hanged. And only when the government starts to act accordingly will there be a change.”

After the Indian teen was abducted, gang-raped, shot, and left for dead, two of the men have been arrested but the Indian teen “wants the rapists to be hanged. No one should go through what I did,” she said.

“What had happened to me was wrong and the men had to be punished. Despite my pains I had to tell the police everything, so I fully cooperated from my hospital bed. I’m relieved two have been caught but I’m frightened the third is still out there.”

[Image via Getty Images/Alexander Hassenstein]