Now that Walmart’s Black Friday 2015 ads have been officially released, it is time to create a 2015 Black Friday comparison guide that compares the best Black Friday doorbusters from Walmart, Target, and Best Buy. This article will also compare the best Black Friday hours and how they will affect your shopping plans.
In a related report by the Inquisitr, the official Sam’s Club Black Friday ads have been released online. In addition, Sears’ Black Friday ads also leaked recently, although the latter store’s Black Friday doorbusters focus on appliances, clothing, and hardware instead of electronics, video games, and toys.
One of the biggest issues facing shoppers is the ability, or lack thereof, to get their hands on any of the best deals. Black Friday fight videos have become infamous in recent years, so Walmart’s United States chief executive, Greg Foran, said this year’s focus is making certain they don’t have shortage problems.
“There’s nothing more frustrating than getting to the store in search of a deal and finding out: Gee, how many did the store have? Just four of them,” Mr. Foran said, according to the New York Times.
Black Friday Hours And Time Compared For Walmart, Target, And Best Buy
Braving the cold lines while waiting for stores to open has also become infamous. This is where Walmart’s Black Friday 2015 ads really shine since the retailer also plans to offer online 96 percent of the Walmart Black Friday deals available in store.
Walmart’s sales start at 12:01 a.m. PST on Thanksgiving morning online and at 6 p.m. Thanksgiving Day in-stores. The released Black Friday ads do not even mention the hours for Friday at all since they are getting rid of the tiered time-limited doorbusters completely. Even some of the 4K TV doorbusters became available for purchase both online and in-store, including a Samsung 60-inch 4K Ultra HDTV for $899.99 ($800 savings).
In comparison, Best Buy and Target’s Black Friday 2015 hours are fairly standard. Both stores plan on opening their doors at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day, although Best Buy plans on closing at 1 a.m. that night. In the morning, Best Buy plans on having time-limited Black Friday doorbusters at 8 a.m. on November 27.
Target plans on mixing up the formula a bit. For example, beginning on November 22, Target’s 10 Days of Deals will feature a new discount on electronics, kitchenware, toys, and more. Target’s Black Friday 2015 pre-sale will also occur on November 25.
In this case, declaring Walmart the winner is a no-brainer, since why should shoppers wait in line for hours on end when they can purchase that hot TV doorbuster from their couch? In addition, just because a shopper shows up at the store does not mean they are guaranteed to find what they want.
Black Friday Best Buy And Target Deals That Beat Walmart
Walmart’s PS4 bundle deal is $299 and includes Uncharted. Walmart’s Xbox One bundle with Gears Of War is also $299 with a $30 Walmart gift card (or a net price of $269). While these deals are pretty good, Target’s Xbox One bundle deal for Gears Of War goes for $299.99, but it also includes a free $60 Target Gift Card, which drops the net price down to $239.99.
Those who need both a HDTV and a video game console will also like Best Buy’s Black Friday doorbusters. When stores open at 8 a.m. on Black Friday itself, the most interesting combo deal includes a Xbox One bundle with The Lego Movie: The Game and a 40-inch Samsung 1080p LED HDTV set for $499.98. As a comparison, Walmart is selling a Samsung 40-inch LED HTV for $298, and the Xbox One bundles for $299, so the combined Walmart price is about $100 more expensive.
Best Buy’s Xbox One bundles are also good without a TV combo. For $349.99, you can get an Xbox One, a free Xbox One controller, and 2013’s Tomb Raider and the new Rise of the Tomb Raider video game. As a comparison, Walmart’s Xbox One controller deal for Black Friday is $39, and the video games combined are worth more than $50, so it could be argued this bundle beats Walmart’s Xbox One deals (assuming you like this particular game).
Target is also sweetening their 2015 Black Friday deals for Apple products. They’re offering a $150 Target Gift Card when you buy an Apple iPad Air 2 and a $100 Target Gift Card with purchase of any Apple Watch.
2015 Black Friday TV Deals Comparison Guide For Walmart, Target, And Best Buy
Based upon the fully leaked Walmart Black Friday ads, there are 10 TV deals in total. In making this comparison guide, the article has arranged all the TV deals from cheapest to most expensive while listing the retailer. Keep in mind that the relative value of a product is often determined by features (curved screens, Smart TV, refresh rate, HDMI ports, etc) and brand name, but this Black Friday comparison guide does not attempt to compare these products in this manner.
- [Best Buy] LG 24-inch 720p 60Hz LED HDTV for $79.99
- [Target] Westinghouse 32-inch 720p 60Hz LED HDTV for $99.99
- [Walmart] Roku 32-inch Class Smart HDTV for $125
- [Best Buy] Samsung 24-inch 720p 60Hz Smart LED HDTV for $147.99
- [Walmart] 40-inch Class LED HDTV for $149 (brands vary by store)
- [Best Buy] Toshiba 49-inch LED HDTV for $149.99
- [Best Buy] Insignia 40-inch LED HDTV for $159.99
- [Target] Element 43-inch 60Hz LED HDTV for $169.99
- [Target] Samsung 32-inch 720p 60Hz LED HDTV for $177.99
- [Walmart] Samsung 32-inch LED HDTV for $198
- [Best Buy] Samsung 32-inch 60Hz Smart LED HDTV for $227.99
- [Target] Element 50-inch 60Hz LED HDTV for $239.99
- [Target] Westinghouse 55-inch LED HDTV for $249.99
- [Walmart] 55-inch Class LED HDTV for $269 (brands vary by store)
- [Target] Samsung 40-inch Smart LED HDTV for $297.99 ($317.99 minus a $20 Target Gift Card)
- [Walmart] Samsung 40-inch LED HDTV for $298
- [Best Buy] Sharp 50-inch 60Hz LED HDTV for $299.99
- [Best Buy] Samsung 40-inch 60Hz Smart LED HDTV for $317.99
- [Walmart] Roku 55-inch Smart LED HDTV for $348
- [Best Buy] Toshiba 55-inch 60Hz LED HDTV for $349.99
- [Best Buy] Samsung 48-inch LED HDTV for $379.99
- [Target] Element 55-inch Smart 4K TV for $399.99
- [Best Buy] LG 43-inch 120Hz Smart 4K TV for $399.99
- [Walmart] Hisense 55-inch 4K TV for $448
- [Target] LG 49-inch 120Hz Smart 4K TV for $499.99
- [Best Buy] LG 49-inch 120Hz 4K TV for $499.99
- [Best Buy] Vizio 50-inch 120Hz Smart 4K TV for $599.99
- [Best Buy] Samsung 60-inch 60Hz LED HDTV for $697.99
- [Target] Samsung 60-inch 120Hz LED HDTV for $697.99
- [Walmart] LG 55-inch 4K Ultra HD TV For $698 ($300 savings)
- [Target] Samsung 55-inch 120Hz Smart 4K TV for $797.99
- [Best Buy] Samsung 60-inch 60Hz 4K TV for $799.99
- [Walmart] Vizio 70-inch Smart LED HDTV for $898
- [Walmart] Samsung 55-inch Class Curved Smart 4K Ultra HD TV for $998 ($200 savings)
- [Best Buy] Vizio 65-inch 120Hz 4K TV for $999.99
- [Best Buy] Samsung 55-inch 60Hz Smart 4K TV for $999.99
- [Best buy] Samsung 60-inch 60Hz Smart 4K TV for $1,299.99
- [Best Buy] Samsung 55-inch 120Hz 3D Smart 4K TV for $1,499.99
- [Best Buy] Samsung 65-inch 120Hz 3D Smart 4K TV for $1,999.99
Other Walmart Black Friday Ads In The Release
If you are looking for something outside of TV deals and video games, here is a list of some of the other interesting items on sale.
- Steep discounts on 10 different models of televisions, including a 40-inch HDTV for $149
- Fitbit Flex Wristband for $59
- More than 100 video games will be offered only $8 during the Walmart Black Friday 2015 sale.
- Oster 8-speed blender for $9.72
- NBA 2K16, Madden ’16, and FIFA ’16 video games for Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and Playstation 4 will be on sale for just $27 each.
- Monster High Deadluxe High school for $99
- VIZIO 38-inch 2.1 Soundbar will be offered for $118 during the Black Friday Walmart sale.
- 850-thread count sheets for $25
- Step 2 Coffee Time Kitchen will be just $50 during the Walmart Black Friday 2015 sale.
- RCA Cambio W101 V2 Windows 10 2-in-1 with detachable keyboard and trackpad with one micro USB, 1 USB 2.0 and one HDMI port will be offered for $128 during the Thanksgiving weekend sale.
- Star Wars drone for $25
- 30th Anniversary Modern Color Mario amiibo will be just $12.96 on Black Friday.
- Lego and Duplo Large Creative Box of blocks will be on sale for only $30. The Lego box contains 1,500 pieces and the Duplo box contains 193 blocks.
- Disney DocMcStuffins check-up center for $35.
- A host of power ride-on toys will be on sale for only $99.
- Supermarket playset with a shopping cart and cash register will be offered for $15.
- Disney Frozen Else Ice Palace castle will be sold for $99 during the Black Friday sale.
- Little Tikes Dunk’n’Toss Bouncer (bouncy house) will be on sale for $125.
- 50-piece wooden train set and table will be sold for only $37 – there will be a minimum of 6 sets available at each Walmart store.
- Paw Patrol headquarters playset will be sold for just $20 during the Thanksgiving weekend sale.
[Photo by Andrew Burton/Getty Image]