Two Brothers Allegedly Drugged Their Parents With Xanax In An Attempt To Kill Them, Tried To Set Their House On Fire

Two Atlanta area brothers allegedly drugged their parents with Xanax and attempted to set their house on fire. The two brothers reportedly brutally assaulted their parents and tried to end their lives.

According to police reports, the younger brother, Cameron Ervin, stabbed his father, Zachary, and tried to strangle his mother. Christopher, his big brother, also tried to kill his father by mercilessly stabbing him several times.

According to Review Journal, police said in their report that they found Christopher Ervin lying face down in a second-floor bathroom. Police believe he suffered injuries while struggling with his father for the shotgun, said Gwinnett County police Cpl. Deon Washington.

"I returned to Zachary Ervin and began applying pressure to his injuries," an officer wrote in the incident report. "While tending to Zachary, I asked him what occurred and he stated his son was trying to kill him. When asked, he stated he was struck in the head with a shotgun by Cameron. I attempted to gather more information, but he was having difficulty articulating what occurred because of his injuries."

According to a similar report, "Zachary came out of the garage and collapsed," said Sgt. Rich Long. "He had a lot of head and body injuries from blunt force trauma and stab wounds on his back." Zachary Ervin was hospitalized in critical condition, but he survived.

In a related article by the Inquisitr, the motive is still not known, and the police are investigating the cause of this incident.

The district attorney says the attacks were pre-planned.

"They turned on the gas on the fireplace then lit a candle. Now whether the candle went out or whether the gas, they put the candle up too high? I don't know the exact circumstances," said Gwinnett County District Attorney Danny Porter.

According to CNN, the father had to distract them in order for their mother to get the chance to call 911.

The prosecutor was very surprised by the whole incident.

"The claims don't, under the circumstances, seem credible. They don't seem believable… battered child or abused child," Porter said.

The two brother's attorney was of a different view.

"You've got to understand there is only one person on the 911 call. You are not getting the full story," Yun said.

Their mother had visible injuries to her face when Channel 2 Action News spotted her Monday outside the family's home.

Gwinnett Medical Center confirms her husband Zach was released Thursday afternoon. The two sons are still in police custody awaiting further investigation.

"We are going to try and find out why it happened, but I don't know that we truly will," Porter said.

Their preliminary hearing is on September 18.

[Image via Gwinnett County Jail]