Duggar Fans: 9 Most Depressing Statements Amid Josh Duggar Sex Scandals
Duggar fans are continuing to voice support for Josh Duggar and family in the midst of his molestation and cheating scandals.
After an initial backlash, in which one fan even said that the eldest Duggar child needed to “change his life or end it,” it appears as though the throng of support is back in full force.
This follows on the heels of a statement the family released Wednesday (August 26) claiming that Josh was seeking “long-term help” this time.
“We are so thankful for the outpouring of love, care and prayers for our family during this most difficult situation with Josh,” Jim Bob and Michelle said in a prepared statement directly to Duggar fans. “As parents we are so deeply grieved by our son’s decisions and actions. His wrong choices have deeply hurt his precious wife and children and have negatively affected so many others.”
They also noted that he’d brought “great insult to the values and faith we hold dear.”
The statement continued.
“Yesterday Josh checked himself into a long-term treatment center. For him it will be a long journey toward wholeness and recovery. We pray that in this he comes to complete repentance and sincere change.”
While the parents did not disclose in the statement where the help their son was receiving would be coming from, there have been rumors claiming it’s another “Christian” treatment facility like the kind that “cured” him of molesting underage girls (some of whom were his sisters).
In light of that, many find it depressing that Duggar fans still exist at all, because it shows they’re supporting the family in spite of the family’s perceived unwillingness to get proper help for Josh and to put Anna and Josh’s kids in a healthier situation.
That said, these were the 9 most depressing comments from Duggar fans on Facebook.
- “Yes she cant divorce him withoit Shame. I went though the same situation but my husband wasnt saved. At least they have one advantage they have the Lord. But if it doesnt work at least they can day [sic] they tryed [sic].”
- “I think all of you with opinions on what needs to happen should check yourself!! You don’t know these people and what should happen. How do you know anything? You don’t know the conversations that happen behind closed doors. This is a good family and not a cult for sure. The Duggar [sic] could not take those kids no matter how much mo n ey they have. You all need to just pray for them and if you don’t believe in prayer then just quite [sic] down with your big bold opinions about a family you do not know. I pray for healing for the family and for tongues to stop because we all know very very little about this situation.”
- “I still like the Duggar family. They are not to blame for his choice.” [This columnist would disagree.]
- “Everyone has stuff they are not proud of. No one is perfect, I will not judge Josh for what he has done. Only our lord god almighty can judge him.”
- “What he did was wrong and keeping it a secret was wrong also but now he is getting help. So we should extend grace to him and his family as much as we would want if the roles were reversed.”
- “Prayers, TLC has done your family wrong! We can not control our adult children!”
- “Love this family and no stone can be thrown except from the one who lives sinless life… sin is sin… let’s all reach out in unity and pray for Josh to come back to his Father though true repentance, Anna to find healing and be able to forgive and allow God to repair and all those affected by his devastating choices.”
- “I’m praying so hard for Anna and the kids! Im ashamed of what josh did but I’m proud of josh for getting help…”
- “It’s nice to see all that care and are praying for Josh and the family but it is troubling to see how judgmental everyone is as well. Sin is sin. What Josh has done is no different than a person that would steal or murder. (Or any other sin.)”
Do you think Duggar fans are right to stick by the family? Sound off in the comments section.
[Image via Twitter]