Michelle Ghent-Terrence Howard Settlement Agreement Tossed By Judge, Says ‘Empire’ Actor Was Blackmailed Into Signing Papers

Jean Mendoza - Author
By

Nov. 2 2016, Updated 6:04 p.m. ET

Terrence Howard’s divorce settlement with second wife, Michelle Ghent, was overturned by a judge on Monday, citing evidence that the Empire actor was blackmailed into signing the agreement.

As the Inquisitr previously reported, Terrence Howard has been in a heated settlement battle with Ghent for some time now, and Ghent even sued Howard for assault, emotional distress, and defamation.

Superior Court Judge Thomas Trent Lewis said in court on Monday that Ghent and Howard must renegotiate the settlement agreement, as he believed Terrence Howard only signed the documents because he was blackmailed by his ex-wife, as Billboard reports.

Article continues below advertisement
Blockquote open

“The evidence of extortion or duress was unrebutted.”

- Blockquote close

Because the settlement was tossed, the ex-couple would have to come to an agreement that will appease them both, especially now that Terrence Howard is making big money playing Lucious Lyon on Fox’s Empire and Ghent will not be receiving a share from Howard’s earnings. Ghent, according to HNGN, wanted to increase her $5,800 monthly spousal support after seeing how successful Empire is.

Terrence Howard and Michelle Ghent were married for only 13 months, and Ghent filed for divorce in 2011. The spousal support agreement Howard signed in 2012 was only agreed to, as Michelle allegedly threatened the Empire star that she was going to leak private details about him, including a recording of a phone sex session with another woman and a video of Terrence Howard dancing naked in a bathroom.

Advertisement

Latest Terrence Howard News and Updates

    © Copyright 2023 The Inquisitr. The Inquisitr is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.