Mama June Shannon is being sued by her daughter Anna Cardwell for allegedly keeping $300,000 in Here Comes Honey Boo Boo profits.
According to Gossip Cop, Cardwell filed a lawsuit claiming that Shannon had withheld $200,000 in earnings that she was supposed to get from the show. Cardwell also claims that her 2-year-old daughter, Kaitlyn, should receive $100,000. Anna explained that the numbers came from their supposed to be $22,500 per episode salary, and the money from other business ventures including their cookbook.
"Unfortunately, despite contractual requirements to do so, none of the Defendants have provided Anna and Kaitlyn with the full compensation and consideration they were contractually promised for their participation in Here Comes Honey Boo Boo," the lawsuit reads, according to Entertainment Tonight.
"Despite continuous requests for information and documents made by Anna on behalf of herself and her daughter Kaitlyn to discover how much money is owed to Plaintiffs... Defendants have continued to deny Anna knowledge of the facts and figures of their accounts."
While Mama June Shannon has yet to respond to the lawsuit, TMZ reports that she is planning on filing one herself. According to the gossip site, "June will file legal docs Thursday, claiming her mother, Sandra Hale, is behind the lawsuit and Anna never wanted to file it nor does she believe what's being alleged."
"I did not hire the lawyer. My grandma did... I know I can't get her money and that's what I tried to tell him [Sandra's boyfriend]," a text message from Anna to one of her family members reportedly read.
"I never really talked to [the lawyer] cause my grandma boyfriend talked the whole time and then kicked me out so he could talk to the guy. So Idk what was said behind closed door," another text read.
— People magazine (@people) June 11, 2015
Here Comes Honey Boo Boo was canceled last year after it was discovered that Mama June was having a relationship with a man who had sexually molested Anna as a child. While she denied the relationship with sex offender Mark McDaniel, TLC made the decision to pull the show from their lineup.
Anna's lawsuit comes just weeks after Mama June threatened to sue TLC over the Josh Duggar molestation scandal. Josh is the oldest son of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar, who have a reality television show called 19 Kids and Counting. It was recently uncovered that Josh had molested several young girls, including his sisters.
— All About The Tea (@AllAboutTheTea_) June 12, 2015
"If they are not completely canceled I will be pissed, and I do have grounds for going after them, for canceling us and wrongfully firing us and not them," she said.
[Photo by Larry Busacca/Getty Images]