Bungie added a new public event to Destiny on Friday called Pack of Wolves. In addition to offering a new set of bounties via the Queen’s Wrath vendor, it also offers PlayStation and Xbox players the opportunity to earn Treasure Keys in the Prison of Elders. Fortunately, the game’s community has already come together to ferret out where the chests that hold these keys drop and they’ve been gathered together in this guide.
As previously covered, there are a total of six bounties available to pick up from Petra Venj in the Destiny Tower in the same area that the Iron Banner vendor is located. Four are unlocked currently with another one unlocking on Saturday and the final one on Sunday.
Since these are essentially public events, you don’t have to possess a bounty to get a Treasure Key. You just need to complete the event by killing the Fallen boss in the final wave and then find the loot chest that spawns.
Guardians, are you earning keys from Fallen chests? Vault them! You can only carry five of them in the wild. pic.twitter.com/ezMzfLvgyi
— Bungie (@Bungie) May 15, 2015
The catch is that these special chest spawns only hang around for a minute and a half. So, you’ll want to know the potential spawn points ahead of time and work with the other Guardians in the zone to find them. The good news is that you can currently open the chest, leave the zone, return and open the chest again if you are fast enough.
In addition to Treasure Keys, these chests will give out Legendary and Rare engrams, ammo synthesis packs, upgrade materials, and Glimmer.
You’ll know when an event is about to happen when you see the “A Pack of Wolves is Prowling” notification pop up on screen. Fallen dropships will come in about four or five waves until the bounty boss arrives.
With that out of the way, here’s the chest spawn locations for each of the bounties. This list will be updated when the final two bounties are unlocked.
Wanted: Drevis, Wolf Baroness – The Forgotten Shore (Earth)
- Against the container that sits between both parts of the split ship you see when first enter The Forgotten Shore
- The very back of the large split ship
- Along the shoreline next to the ramp that goes up to the Terrestrial Complex
- Against the small ship that is next to Randall the Vandal
- On the side of the hill that holds the entrance to the Warmind mission nearest to the Grottos
Wanted: Kalkis-12 – Skywatch (Earth)
- In front of the truck next to the helipad
- By the small shed that is near the helipad
- If you are coming out the door from the Lunar complex, to the left next to the fence
- On top of the building that leads to the Terrestrial Complex
Wanted: Peekis, The Disavowed – The Citadel (Venus)
- To the left of the two Minotaur Praetorians that spawn at the top of the bridge in front of the entrance to the Juncture
- Further to the left of the two Minotaur Praetorians where the Hobgoblins hang out
- To the right of the two Minotaur Praetorians by the stone block that leads up to the Vex Conflux that has three Minotaurs
- On top of the flat rock next to the cave that spawns the Vex Harpies
Wanted: Beltric, The Veiled – Ember Caves (Venus)
- Underneath the platform that leads to the Winter’s Run Strike to the right side of where the Captain spawns
- Along the left fork of the road that leads to the Citadel
- In the left front corner of the platform where the Captain spawns
- Next to the tall rock that is surrounded by water on the side of the cave
Wanted: Saviks, Queenbreaker – Anchor of Light (Moon)
- On top of the building that is in front of the ramp that leads to the elevated building
- On the platform at the antenna tower that the Fallen Captain and Servitor hang out on
- On the Archer’s Line side of the antenna tower near a rock and an orange light stand
- On a tilted platform on the backside of the area where the Fallen Walker public event spawns
- On the platform to your immediate left when you drive come into Anchor of Light from Archer’s Line
A special thanks to the Destiny sub-Reddit and DattoDoesDestiny for helping put this together. These guys are part of the reason why the Destiny community is currently one of the best in gaming right now.
Wanted: Wesksi, the Meek – Archer’s Line (Moon)
- Outside of the building to the far left of the Patrol Landing Zone where the Servitor spawns
- Under the Accelerator support at the top of the hill from the Patrol Landing Zone
- On the top of the Accelerator line above the cluster of buildings towards the Anchor of Light zone
- In front of one of the Rovers near the exit to Anchor of Light
- Next to the antenna in front of the dome that leads to the Hall of Wisdom
[Images via Reddit, Bungie]