Bravo executives are reportedly ready to part ways with troubled Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Kim Richards.
“The producers of show have already started looking for her replacement,” a network insider told Radar Online on April 30.
Bravo executives have continued to welcome Richards back to the show every year after initially casting her in 2010 to appear on the first season, alongside sister Kyle. However, following her highly publicized arrest in Los Angeles, Bravo executives believe it is in everyone’s best interest to move on.
Although there had been talks of a sobriety clause in the days following Richards’ arrest, Bravo executives didn’t feel confident that the clause would keep her sober.
“No one knew whether or not Kim was going to adhere to their guidelines and remain completely sober. She gave so much fuss about the sobriety clause they wanted added to her contract that there was really know way of knowing her next move.”
Richards and her sister’s role on the show has been a main storyline for years, and while Bravo executives have reportedly admitted that cutting her would be a drastic move, they have made plenty of shocking cuts in the past.
“She would not be the first prominent housewife to get the axe and she definitely will not be the last.”
One of the most memorable firings by Bravo executives came years ago in New York, when housewives Alex McCord, Jill Zarin, and Kelly Bensimon were all fired ahead of the series’ fifth season. Although the massive firing led to a drop in ratings for the series, Bravo executives are reportedly unconcerned about the same thing happening with their Beverly Hills ladies. According to the report, fans have tired of Richards’ drama, and would like to see her move on.
“The higher-ups know that the audience wants something different anyways. The fans of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills are growing sick of the same storyline with the same players. They know that they need to change it up for next season.”
As the Inquisitr previously reported, Richards’ would-be mother-in-law, John Collett’s mother, recently spoke out, telling press she hoped the former child star would walk away from her reality TV fame.
“[The show] has so many negative aspects and lots of pressure and it certainly hasn’t helped her,” Collett told Radar Online.
Bravo executives will likely announce the full Season 6 cast of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills later this year.
[Photo via Twitter]