If you live in the northeastern United States, there’s a decent chance that you’re going to have your shot at seeing WWE’s wildly popular developmental brand, NXT, in your state very soon.
Today, WWE officially announced NXT’s first large scale tour outside of Florida, dubbed the “On The Road Tour.” The NXT shows on the upcoming tour that will venture outside the state of Florida will be held in New York, Pennsylvania, and Ohio.
- Friday April 30 in Lakeland, FL at The Armory (tickets currently on sale)
- Friday May 1 in Tampa, FL at the UACDC Gymnasium (tickets currently on sale)
- Saturday May 2 in Cocoa Beach, FL at the Cocoa Armory (tickets on sale now)
- Saturday May 8 in Largo, FL at Minnreg Hall (tickets on sale now)
- Thursday May 14 in Philadelphia, PA at The Tower Theatre (tickets on sale TBA)
- Saturday May 16 in Albany, NY at the Washington Armory (ticket pre-sale on April 30 using pre-sale code CAPITAL)
- Saturday May 23 in Starke, FL at the Starke Armory (tickets on sale now)
- Friday May 29 in Citrus Springs, FL (tickets on sale now)
- Saturday May 30 in Venice, FL at the Community Center (tickets on sale now)
- Thursday June 11 in Pittsburgh, PA at the AE Theatre (tickets on sale TBA)
- Friday June 12 in Cleveland, Ohio at the Agora Theatre (tickets on sale TBA)
- Saturday June 13 in Columbus, Ohio at the LC Pavilion in Columbus (tickets on sale TBA)
This, of course, is not the first time that WWE has taken the NXT brand on the road, though it is the first time NXT has held events in multiple states on the same tour. NXT recently held shows in California during WrestleMania 31 weekend, and NXT has also held shows in Ohio this year during March. In fact, the NXT Ohio shows previously were also held in Columbus and Cleveland, which was done as part of WWE tying in wrestling with the Arnold Classic bodybuilding event that Triple H was a big part of this year. The March NXT shows in Ohio were the very first time an NXT show was held outside of Florida.
Noteably, the May 14 NXT show in Philadelphia will be held at the Tower Theatre, rather than the former ECW Arena, which had been strongly rumored last month.
There have been no match cards officially announced for the NXT tour at this time, though it is a pretty good bet that most of the top stars from NXT will be part of it. Barring any call-ups to the main roster, Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, Finn Balor, and others should all be competing on the shows.
WWE invites fans to tweet about the upcoming shows with the hashtag #NXTRoadTrip.
[Image via DailyWrestlingNews.com]