7 Children 1 Adult Found Dead: Maryland Family Of 8 Found Dead Inside Home By Police

A sad discovery in Maryland happened Monday when seven children children and one adult were found dead inside their home. Everyone was related, according to Fox News.

The Princess Anne Police Department say no foul play is suspected. Officers arrived at the home after they were called from a worried co-worker of the adult.

Police say the seven children range in age from 6 to 16; an age for the adult wasn’t released.

Delmarva Now has a lot more on the story. The news site reports that the seven children and one adult are believed to have died from carbon monoxide poisoning. The deceased adult was the father of the children who were all dead, according to Princess Anne Police Department Police Chief Scott Keller. He added that the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Baltimore will make a formal determination of the family’s cause of death. Keller says no signs of foul play were indicated.

Police showed up at the 30500 block of Antioch Avenue for a wellness check when a co-worker of the father’s reported he hadn’t shown up to work. He didn’t call to notify his employer that he’d be gone for the day.

Authorities were able to get inside the Maryland home around 1 p.m. Police discovered a gas generator in the kitchen that they noticed was out of fuel. Keller says the home’s electricity wasn’t in service — and was unable to share how long it had been without power.

Police reportedly knew instantly something was off when they entered the house. Keller said they “knew right away that there weren’t any live people in there.”

The seven children and one adult were found dead soon after they realized no one was alive inside.

“It is extremely tragic for the whole town,” Keller said.

So far, no one is speculating whether this was a suicide or if it had to do with something else inside the home that went wrong.

Chief Keller says this tragedy is hard on the family, community, the father’s employer, and first responders.

Princess Anne is the “county seat” Somerset County on Maryland’s Eastern Shore.

The Inquisitr has written on people who’ve died from carbon monoxide poisoning. In 2012, an Ohio family was found dead inside their garage from the same thing. Suspicious notes from the parents, grandparents, and children were scattered around the home. Ages of the children were 10, 6, and 5.

The seven children and one adult found dead inside their home in Maryland is still being investigated and should be updated soon.

[Photo Credit: CBS News]