Mother Of Three, 36, Plunged Knife Into Her Own Throat In Front Of Shoppers At Supermarket


Shoppers were horrified after a 36-year-old mother of three entered a supermarket, grabbed a knife from one of the shelves, and plunged it into her throat.

Sources say that Sobia Yousef of Shipley, West Yorkshire had dropped her two children off at school before entering an Asda supermarket at 8:35 a.m. She walked into an aisle, grabbed a knife from the shelf, and plunged it into her throat in front of shoppers.

Yousef later died from her injuries.

Investigators believe her suicide stems from the loss of her daughter, Meweesh Mahmood, who died from a heart defect in 2013. But Yousef claims that her daughter really died from Black Magic. She had even told staff at Leeds General Infirmary – where her daughter died – that there were cats in her daughter’s room, which was an indication of evil.

According to Daily Mail, Yousef had been suffering from depression and had displayed erratic behavior before her supermarket suicide. One incident occurred while her husband, Tariq Mahmood, was asleep in their home. She had disrobed one of her children and placed her clothing on the stove and turned it on.

Awakened by the smoke, Mahmood rushed to the kitchen where he discovered the clothes in flames. He immediately turned the stove off and put out the fire as Yousef watched.

Yousef’s brother, Imitaz Ali, stated to the court that his “sister was doing things that were very unusual. She took all her jewelry and put it in a handkerchief, tied it together and threw it into a mosque letterbox.”

“At the time the mosque was closed and so her aunties had to go find the man with the key to get it back,” he continued. “She also withdrew $2,000 from the bank, went to Western Union and sent it to Pakistan saying it was for ‘the poor people.”

“Sobia would stand out in the rain for hours and we were worried that she might hurt herself accidentally.”

“I spoke to doctors and support workers at Lynfield Mount Hospital who said it wasn’t their problem because she had been discharged.”

“One support worker who took her to the park said she was improving, but she was not improving, she was getting worse.”

“Everybody who lived in the street knew she was poorly. She would stand out on the street corner for hours on end.”

Once Yousef’s daughter died, she had become distant from her family and no longer wanted to communicate with them.

Police officials continue to investigate the death of Yousef.