The 2015 NCAA Tournament has all of its seeds in place and the full television schedule has already been released for the first two rounds. There are even plenty of places to try your hands at the NCAA Tournament Bracket Challenges, but it’s time to learn the betting odds, prop bets, and who Las Vegas likes this year.
As if it wasn’t expected, the undefeated Kentucky Wildcats are the overall number one seed and are even money to win it all. ESPN reported that the Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook has the thus-far perfect Wildcats topping the odds at even. To put things into perspective, Florida was last year’s odds-on favorite and they opened up the betting books at 4-1.
Ed Salmons, the head college basketball oddsmaker for SuperBook, says that Kentucky is the first team in at least 20 years that he remembers entering as even. Duke has the next-best odds at 6-1.
The biggest listed long shots are obviously Valparaiso and Eastern Washington who are listed at 1,000-1.
The lines are out now for the 2015 NCAA Tournament, and Arizona opens up at the biggest favorite with a 23-point cushion over Texas Southern. Villanova is next up as they are 22-point favorites over Lafayette.
Ten teams have opened up as double-digit favorites and they are Gonzaga, Notre Dame, Villanova, Georgetown, Iowa State, Arizona, Virginia, Oklahoma, Kansas and Wisconsin. Keep in mind that matchups awaiting the first round winners don’t have lines yet.
Here are the full lines:
16 Midwest: Hampton vs. Manhattan (-7.5)
11 West: Ole Miss vs. BYU (-2.5)
16 South: Robert Morris vs. North Florida (-2.5)
11 East: Boise State vs. Dayton (-3.5)
- No. 8 Cincinnati vs. No. 9 Purdue (-1)
- No. 5 West Virginia vs. No. 12 Buffalo (+4)
- No. 4 Maryland vs. No. 13 Valparaiso (+4.5)
- No. 6 Butler vs. No. 11 Texas (-1)
- No. 3 Notre Dame vs. No. 14 Northeastern (+12)
- No. 7 Wichita State vs. No. 10 Indiana (+5)
- No. 2 Kansas vs. No. 15 New Mexico State (+11.5)
- No. 1 Wisconsin vs. No. 16 Coastal Carolina (+19.5)
- No. 8 Oregon vs. No. 9 Oklahoma State (PICK)
- No. 5 Arkansas vs. No. 12 Wofford (+6.5)
- No. 4 North Carolina vs. No. 13 Harvard (+9.5)
- No. 3 Baylor vs. No. 14 Georgia State (+7.5)
- No. 7 VCU vs. No. 10 Ohio State (-2.5)
- No. 2 Arizona vs. No. 15 Texas Southern (-23)
- No. 1 Villanova vs. No. 16 Lafayette (+23)
- No. 8 NC State vs. No. 9 LSU (+1.5)
- No. 5 Northern Iowa vs. No. 12 Wyoming (+7)
- No. 4 Louisville vs. No. 13 UC Irvine (+9)
- No. 3 Oklahoma vs. No. 14 Albany (+13)
- No. 7 Michigan State vs. No. 10 Georgia (+4.5)
- No. 2 Virginia vs. No. 15 Belmont (+16.5)
- No. 8 San Diego State vs. No. 9 St. John’s (+2)
- No. 5 Utah vs. No. 12 Stephen F. Austin (+6)
- No. 4 Georgetown vs. No. 13 Eastern Washington (+8)
- No. 6 SMU vs. No. 11 UCLA (+3)
- No. 3 Iowa State vs. No. 14 UAB (+12.5)
- No. 7 Iowa vs. No. 10 Davidson (+2)
- No. 2 Gonzaga vs. No. 15 North Dakota State (+17.5)
As with all major sporting events, there are also some great prop bets for the 2015 NCAA Tournament. Fan Sided brought forth some of the prop bets to show you that you can bet on virtually anything during March Madness.
There are some that ask how many number one seeds will make the Final Four or even if teams will ever take the lead in a game. One bet is going that the Kentucky Wildcats will never trail in the 2015 NCAA Tournament at all. Make sure to check with some of the betters out there and see just what you can put your money down on.
The first four will battle it out on Tuesday and Wednesday to get the 2015 NCAA Tournament officially underway. Get your bets placed now because doors are going to close on some of them very soon.
[Image via Bleacher Report]