We have spent the last four days together, going over the four sneak peeks Supercell has released for Clash of Clans. Some of you probably got excited, and others were bummed out about no Town Hall 11. At least we can all agree that Clash of Clans was getting some sort of update. It has been over two months since the last one.
The February update is finally live!
The update, of course, includes the sneak peeks that have been released over the last few days. Supercell revealed that level 13 Cannons will be available, healers will not trigger airs traps, and troop deployment will no longer be prevented by obstacles. Players, if they so choose, can opt-in or opt-out of wars. Players can also preview each others’ Villages from profile pages.
This update, which was announces in the forums, focuses heavily on the Clans portion of the game. This might have been evident with the two of the sneak peeks: Clan badges can be customized and clans can level up, thus earning perks.
Power-up your Clan with Clan Perks
* Request troops more often and donate more troops at a time
* Get refunds and automatic upgrades on donated troops
* Increase your Clan War loot bonus and store more in your Clan Castle
* Clan perks unlock automatically and improve as you level up your Clan!
Clan badge editor
* Craft a clan badge with your choice of pattern, background and border
* Level up your Clan to unlock special borders for your clan badge!
Clan Experience Levels are also a new thing. Players can level up their clans by participating in wars. Your clan badge will be adorned with a banner showcasing its current level. The more levels your clan earns the more features you can unlock.
GameNGuide reports on the many new aspects of leveling up your clan, “Clans can now work through ten levels of clan dominance, earning new perks such as bonus XP, loot, refunds or even added Clan Castle troops to aid in defense. Plus, the higher level you go, the fancier your badge options get.”
In the Supercell forums, it was announced that there are several ways you can earn XP for you clan
Three ways to get Clan XP in Clan Wars:
* Get small amounts of Clan XP for defeating enemy War Bases
* Get larger amounts of Clan XP for accumulating enough stars during war
* Get a huge Clan XP bonus for winning the war!
Remember that with the new opt-in/opt-out feature you can always choose not to participate in a clan war. Though, bigger wars offer more Clan XP and participating will help you clan level up faster.
This update may not have the sought after Town Hall 11, but it does have enhanced features for your clans. Which is, really, what the game is about (It is called Clash of Clans, after all.)
Are you disappointed in the clan-focused update?
[Photo Courtesy of Supercell]