Bobbi Kristina’s Family Releases Statement Denying Rumors, Blasts Media For False Reporting

After conflicting reports Tuesday as to the family’s decision to remove Bobbi Kristina from life support, the Brown family has released an official statement denying rumors she will be removed from life support on the three-year anniversary of Whitney Houston’s death.

According to Billboard, the family did not provide any further details regarding Bobbi’s condition. However, the statement, which was provided by Bobby Brown’s attorney, does blast certain media outlets for falsely reporting Tuesday morning that the family made the decision to withdraw life support tomorrow, on the third anniversary of Whitney Houston’s death.

“We support the candlelight vigil for Bobbi Kristina. The Brown family is amazed by the love and support from all that attended. However the false reports that continue to appear in print and on the internet are egregious, false and will be dealt with at an appropriate time. In particular, the false reporting of TMZ, The National Enquirer, The Atlanta Journal Constitution and the Daily Mail (UK) citing, police sources, family sources and Bobby Brown himself, will receive my attention. The desire to be ‘first’ has clouded the judgment of many reporters as they forgo accuracy. This is a criminal investigation and the integrity of that process requires silence.”

Articles published early Tuesday set off a media firestorm as outlets claimed unnamed sources allegedly close to the Brown family said the decision had been made to remove Bobbi Kristina from life support at midnight so that she could die on the same day as her mother’s tragic death three years ago. Media outlets claim the idea was first raised this past weekend by Bobbi’s grandmother, Cissy Houston. According to TMZ’s early reports, Bobby Brown allegedly made the final decision.

Later on Tuesday, however, the Brown family told Us Weekly the rumors of the family withdrawing Bobbi Kristina from life support are not true.

The 21-year-old daughter of Bobby Brown and the late Whitney Houston has been in a medically induced coma since January 31, when she was found unresponsive and face down in a bathtub. Bobbi Kristina’s long-time boyfriend, Nick Gordon, is being investigated for unexplained injuries found on her body. Gordon, according to Us Weekly, has not been to the hospital to see his girlfriend since she was transferred to Emory, possibly being banned from doing so by the family.

In the official statement released by the family Tuesday, Bobby Brown reiterated the family’s wish for privacy during this difficult time.

“We continue to request privacy in this matter. We thank everyone that supported the vigil for Bobbi Kristina. God is hearing our prayers.”

[Image via Flickr]