This year’s Call of Duty Championship will feature the top 32 Call of Duty teams from around the world, all competing to win their share of the $1 million prize purse. Game Informer reported that the majority of the prize pool is “going to the first-place team.”
The 32 teams from five continents, which will be selected from Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, and South America, will be playing Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.
The tournament is scheduled to take place in Los Angeles on March 27-29.
This year’s tournament, which is open to all qualified players, has several eSports organizations such as Major League Gaming (MLG) hosting qualifying events in which teams will compete for their spots in this year’s championship game.
The semi-finals and final match will be streamed live on Xbox Live this Sunday, IGN reported. Activision indicated that it will also be made available via other streaming sources.
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is the latest installment in Activision’s first person shooter (FPS) franchise.
The third annual CoD championship is presented by Sledgehammer Games, Xbox, and Activision. The winning team will be crowned the Call of Duty “World Champions” and claim their “lion’s share” of the tournament’s $1 million prize.
Major League Gaming’s qualifying events will be held around the world beginning, with the first set of qualifiers held in Australia, Brazil, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Taiwan on January 17, 2015. The last qualifiers will be held on Canada and the United States on February 8, 2015. MLG published a complete list of qualifier dates and locations for this year’s Advanced Warfare championship tournament. The dates and locations are as follows:
- January 17th – Singapore/Hong Kong/Taiwan Qualifier
- January 17th – Australia Qualifier #1
- January 17th – Brazil Qualifier #1
- January 18th – Australia Qualifier #2
- January 18th – Brazil Qualifier #2
- January 25th – New Zealand Qualifier
- January 31st – United Arab Emirates Qualifier
- January 31st – Italy Qualifier
- January 31st – Spain Qualifier
- January 31st – Germany Qualifier #1
- January 31st – France Qualifier #1
- January 31st – UK/Ireland Qualifier #1
- February 1st – UK/Ireland Qualifier #2
- February 1st – Denmark/Norway/Sweden/Finland Qualifier
- February 1st – Belgium/Netherlands/Luxembourg Qualifier
- February 1st – France Qualifier #2
- February 1st – Germany Qualifier #2
- February 7th – Mexico Qualifier
- February 7th – Canada Qualifier #1
- February 7th – United States Qualifier #1
- February 8th – Canada Qualifier #2
- February 8th – United States Qualifier #2
Inquisitr reported earlier in the month that the official description for the latest Advanced Warfare DLC, Havoc, has been released.
With $1 million at stake this year at the 2015 Call of Duty Championship, how do you think the players are feeling right now?