The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride at Disney World‘s Magic Kingdom caught fire this evening in Orlando, Florida.
Video of the fire was posted to YouTube that shows the fire. According to WGHP, the fire is speculated to have started after some fireworks fallout. The fire was first reported around 10:20 p.m. The Reedy Creek Fire Department responded and extinguished the fire within minutes, according to eyewitnesses. As of 11 p.m., multiple eyewitnesses said the fire was out.
Though the fire seemed somewhat large in the video, many posters on Twitter and Facebook are saying the fire was not as serious as it appeared and was easily extinguished by the fire department.
There was a small fire tonight at Seven Dwarfs Mine Train mountain, most likely caused by fireworks. It’s out now. No reports of injuries.
— Attractions Magazine (@Attractions) November 2, 2014
Theme Park Review also noted that the fire appeared to be put out rather quickly.
“Small fire at Seven Dwarfs Mine Train exterior. Seems like fireworks fallout. Nothing too serious. Think it’s already out. Just walked by again and there was no smoke or fire. ‘Nothing to see here!'”
The page then reported that the line was back open at around 10:50pm.
“Seven Dwarfs Mine Train fire is out, area back open, they are letting guests line up and are trying to re-open it.”
Below is a photo of the area that was previously on fire. As you can see, it appears that the ride was not damaged aside from minor cosmetics.
No injuries have been reported as of this time and witnesses in the park claim that those who were in the ride were evacuated safely.
@disneydancer16 Spoke to someone who was safely evacuated from the attraction, it appears that there have been no injuries.
— Da Mouse (@DaMouseNews) November 2, 2014