Shaylee Chuckulnaskit: Marysville School Shooting Victim Dies From Injuries

Shaylee Chuckulnaskit, one of the victims wounded in last week’s shooting at Marysville-Pilchuck High School in Marysville, Washington, has died.

According to KING5, Shaylee Chuckulnaskit died at 4:45 p.m. on October 31 at Providence Regional Medical Center in Everett, Washington. Dr. Anita Tsen announced Chuckulnaskit’s passing through a statement.

“The entire Providence family is deeply saddened by this news and we extend our heartfelt sympathy to Shaylee’s family.”

Shaylee Chuckulnaskit is the fourth person to die from last week’s high school shooting. As previously reported by the Inquisitr, 14-year-old Gia Soriano, who was hospitalized at Providence with Chuckulnaskit, passed away on Monday from her injuries. Zoe Galasso was killed during the shooting, and shooter Jaylen Fryberg committed suicide.

Along with Shaylee Chuckulnaskit and Gia Soriano, there were two other victims who remain hospitalized at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle. Fifteen-year-old Andrew Fryberg is listed in critical condition, and Nate Hatch is in satisfactory condition. Both are cousins of the shooter.

The family of Shaylee Chuckulnaskit released a statement expressing their sadness over her passing.

“Our hearts are broken at the passing of our beautiful daughter. Shay means everything to us. In Shay’s short life she has been a radiant light bringing us incredible joy and happiness. She has been a loving daughter, a caring sister, a devoted friend and a wonderful part of our community. We can’t imagine life without her.

“We have been overwhelmed by the thoughtfulness and support of our family, friends and community. We are deeply grateful for all the acts of kindness that have come our way. We especially want to thank the medics and Providence staff who have cared for Shay.

“We request that everyone please provide us the privacy we need so we can grieve our loss. Thank you.”

Snohomish County Sheriff Ty Trenary said that before last week’s shooting, Jaylen Fryberg lured Shaylee Chuckulnaskit and the other victims to a table in the high school’s cafeteria, according to Q13 Fox.

“The five people were targeted, were invited to the table.”

Trenary said that investigators are still trying to determine what caused Fryberg to open fire.

“I think the question that everybody wants is ‘why,’ and candidly I don’t know that the why is going to be something we can provide.”

The students at Marysville-Pilchuck High School were off last week following the shooting. Classes are scheduled to resume on Monday at 10:30 a.m. rather than the normal 7 a.m. time, and grief counselors will be on site.

Funeral services for Shaylee Chuckulnaskit are pending.

[Image via ABC News]