Marysville-Pilchuck High School Shooting: Student Witness Shares Details Of Shooting

Marysville-Pilchuck High School Shooting Update: Students at the Marysville School have been posting online that the Marysville-Pilchuck school shooter was a popular student who played football and wrestled at MPHS. The unconfirmed information from shooting witnesses claims that the gunman as Jaylen Fryberg.

Marysville-Pilchuck High School Shooting Update: Fox News local affiliate is now reporting that three students were killed in the Seattle school shooting and at least six others wounded. The shooter at Marysville-Pilchuck is believed to be a male, but has not been confirmed yet if the gunman was a student or an adult. Seattle area law enforcement officers are still in the process of clearing the school. One witness has stated that the shooter opened fire on students at one table at MPHS before turning the gun on himself.

Shooting witness Jordan Luton said the male student opened fired in the cafeteria, firing six shots directly at other students. The student thinks the gunman has a 9mm gun. “He looked right at me,” Luton said. The Marysville-Pulchuck High School student said he thinks the gunman had the weapon in his backpack all day and pulled it out at the beginning of lunch. The gunman did not say anything to the students at the table that, according to the witness, appeared to be the intended target. The shooter was a freshman and played on the football team with the witness, according to the student’s statement to Fox News. Other Marysville-Pilchuck students have stated they were all shocked when they saw or heard who the student gunman was. The MPHS shooting lasted about a minute, the witness said.

The Marysville-Pilchuck High School shooting suspect was a member of a Native American tribe, according to Jordan Luton. The student said the gunman had been in a fight recently with another student who made a racial slur and also recently went through a romantic breakup with a girlfriend that “appeared to be hitting him hard,” Luton added. There were reportedly teachers in the cafeteria at the time of the shooting, but Luton said they were also in shock and not close enough to be able to attempt to do anything to stop the shooting. Luton added that while the shooting appeared to be deliberate at first, the gunman “fired wildly” near the end. Luton concluded that one of the students shot was one of the gunman’s good friend who was also a member of the same Native American tribe.

Students are still being evacuated from Marysville-Pilchuck High School, according to a police press conference. The department spokesmen would only confirm that one person was deceased, indicating that the shooter was a student. The police officer also added that he could not confirm that the shooter dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound was a male. A school resource officer was on campus at the time of the Seattle school shooting. A 911 call from inside Marysville-Pilchuck High School alerted law enforcement that an active shooting was underway. Although police officer believe that only a single-shooter was involved, the school has not yet been completely cleared. Parents are being asked to stay away from the school and wait until locations for student pick-up have been announced before coming to the area.

Marysville-Pilchuck High School Shooting Update: One of the victims in the Seattle school shooting was reportedly airlifted from a local hospital to a regional trauma center.

A Seattle school shooting has placed Marysville-Pilchuck High School in Marysville, Washington, on lockdown. Two individuals were shot in the school cafeteria in the Seattle suburb, according to breaking news reports on Fox News. Police cars and multiple ambulances have just arrived on the scene, CNN is reporting. The school shooters remains at large.

The Seattle Times is reporting that six students were shot. Some breaking news reports have stated that the gunman is dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, but that detail has not yet been confirmed by law enforcement or the Marysville-Pilchuck High School officials. The gunman is “no longer a threat” is the only confirmed detail from the scene at the Seattle school shooting.

“Some students were being evacuated from the school, walking out and across the fields with their hands up. Some were being bused to a nearby church. Others were being told to stay inside classrooms,” according to the local newspaper.

“The Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office is assisting Marysville police. The FBI also has personnel on the way to assist,” according to King 5 News. The condition of the victims of the Seattle school shooting remains unknown. It is also not known if those injured were students or staff.

Marysville-Pilchuck High School shooting
Marysville-Pilchuck High School shooting in Seattle.

Check back with The Inquisitr for more details about the Seattle school shooting at Marysville-Pilchuck High Schoolas additional information becomes available.

[Images via: King 5 News]