Mouse In Coffee Cup Leaves McDonald’s Customer With A Bad Taste In His Mouth [Video]

A mouse in a coffee cup was the last thing Ron Morais expected when he purchased the hot beverage from his local McDonald’s fast food restaurant recently. The man from Fredericton in New Brunswick, Canada, got the surprise of a lifetime when he looked in the bottom of his cup. He was not pleased, to say the least, with what he found: a dead mouse.

Unlike Maxwell House coffee, the hot beverage from a McDonald’s franchise in Canada was not good to the last drop. In fact, it was that very last drop of coffee that caused the trouble — that and the mouse in the coffee cup, of course. When the customer removed the lid from his paper cup to reach that last troublesome mouthful of coffee, he discovered far more than he ever could have bargained for, reported the Daily Mail. There was a mouse in the coffee cup, and the unlucky customer was left with a bad taste in his mouth, figuratively and most likely literally as well.

According to Morais, it appeared that the mouse had been in the coffee cup long enough to leave “a few little, shall we say, presents” in the cup. His explanation would indicate that the mouse may have been alive before being drowned or scalded to death by the hot coffee. Alternatively, the tiny rodent may have lived, defecated, and then died in the beverage receptacle at some point prior to the addition of hot coffee. Either way, McDonald’s has a lot of explaining to do.

For its part, McDonald’s took immediate action once Morais reported the disgusting discovery of a mouse in his coffee cup. Communications manager for the eastern region for McDonald’s Canada Jason Patuano issued a statement about the unfortunate incident.

“We take allegations involving cleanliness and sanitation very seriously. Upon learning of this situation, the local franchisee immediately began an investigation, including working closely with the local public health authority who conducted an inspection this [Tuesday] morning following receiving a complaint.”

The Daily Mail reported that Morais does not plan to take legal action against the company. According to the New York Daily News, he just wants to know how that mouse got into his coffee cup.

It hasn’t been a good week for the squeamish. As previously reported by The Inquisitr, a man from Bunbury, Western Australia, was vacationing with friends in Bali when he discovered an itchy spot on his belly. He visited a local doctor, who diagnosed the problem as an insect bite and prescribed antihistamine cream for the man’s malady.

Unfortunately for 21-year-old Dylan Thomas, it wasn’t an insect bite. When the rash spread into a line extending upward from his naval to his chest and developed blisters, he sought a second opinion. This time, a dermatologist solved the problem by removing what has been called a tropical spider from beneath the tourist’s skin. Shortly thereafter, the accuracy of the story was called into question, with some experts opining that the creepy invader in the man’s body was a mite, not a spider, reported The Inquisitr.

What do you think? What’s worse: A spider in a tourist’s skin or a mouse in a man’s coffee cup? Comments are welcome.

[Image via YouTube WebTV13 screenshot]