October 23, 2016
Watch Tuxedo-Clad Great-Grandpa Deliver Epic Beat Down To Thugs Who Break In To His 'Castle'

Andrew Adamson, a 59-year-old great-grandpa who has lived in the same Northamptonshire, England home with his wife for more than 30 years, came home on the night of December 18, 2010, to find that his "castle" had been invaded.

Now, the security camera footage of the courageous beat-down he delivered to the three goons who broke into his home has gone public after a remaining member of the violent gang was finally arrested and confessed.

The video was held by police as evidence, but now the world can see that Adamson is one tough customer, even battling the thugs in a way that would make James Bond proud — while wearing a tuxedo.

"They say an Englishman's home is his castle - but I think I just acted on instinct," Adamson recalled. "We came home and they were already in there. My wife opened the door and thought it was my son playing but then realized it wasn't."

Adamson and his wife, Liz, 58, came home at about 12:10 a.m. after attending a social function, hence the tux. The three men were already inside. In the video, above, they can be seen — their identities concealed by hoodies and balaclavas, creeping down and alleyway and kicking in a door to the Adamson home.

The video then jumps ahead to the Adamsons' arrival home. By this time, the man had already collected about £400 ($650) worth of valuables in a bag. But that wasn't what concerned Andrew Adamson, a father of three and grandpa of four.

"I did what any good husband would do to protect my home and wife," he said. "There was no way I was going to let them go without a fight."

As seen in the video, one of the bad guys was armed with a lead pipe, which he swung at Adamson with deadly intentions. Adamson recalls seeing sparks fly off the concrete wall when the pipe scraped it, "so he was really trying to whack me."

But another one of the thugs wielded a straight razor, and he slashed Adamson across the top of the head — a gash that later required seven stitches to close.

"I followed them into the street and got hold of one fella but a taller yob came back for him and pulled a razor out so I decided it was time to let go," he says, showing that some times discretion is indeed the better part of valor. "I was bleeding like a stuck pig. If my wife had been here on her own I dread to think what would have happened."

A 23-year-old, Duncan Berry, was nabbed six months later, with help from the security video. He was sentenced to 4 and a half years in jail.

But it took three years for police to catch up with a 53-year-old robber, David Jarvie, who got 5 and a half years. But as he was carted off to jail, Jarvie praised Adamson for his bravery in fighting back against three armed men — and winning.