Headless Spitting Cobra Snake Bites And Kills Famous Chef From Beyond The Grave

Snake soup probably will not sound like such a great idea after reading this article. Chef Peng Fan was famous in China for creating a culinary delicacy that used an Indochinese spitting cobra as one of the major ingredients. But although the chef had decapitated the snake and began chopping up its body, 20 minutes later the headless snake came back for revenge.

In a related report by The Inquisitr, a cat-eating burmese python snake in Florida went on a kitty killing spree until the police managed to track down and subdue the 120 pound monster snake. Florida is actually suffering from a Burmese python epidemic since they believe about 150,000 of the large snakes are living in the everglades now.

Diners who happened to be eating in the restaurant at the time of the headless snake attack recall hearing sudden screams echoing from out of the kitchen. One of these diners, Lin Sun, described what happened next:

“We were in the restaurant having a meal for my wife’s birthday when suddenly there was a lot of commotion. There were calls for a doctor in the restaurant but unfortunately by the time medical assistance arrived the man had already died. After we heard that we did not continue with our meal.”

In the case of Chef Fan, he found out the hard way that reptiles can function for up to an hour after losing body parts, even including the entire body. When the chef went to throw the snake head into the trash, the snake bit down, injecting its nasty poison.

Police say that Chef Fan died because he could not be administered the life-saving anti-venom in time.

“It is a highly unusual case but it appears to be just an accident. He prepared the snake himself and was just unlucky. There was nothing that could be done to save the man,” a police spokesperson said. “Only the anti-venom could have helped but this was not given in time. It was just a tragic accident.”

Obviously, the fangs from a snake head can still be dangerous, but even the venom from a spitting cobra is so potent that if the snake spits into a victim’s eye it can cause permanent blindness. Unfortunately, poor Chef Fan suffered a death caused by paralysis, which leads to asphyxiation.