In an eerie state of events Glee actress Becca Tobin’s boyfriend Matt Bendik was found dead in a Philadelphia hotel room.
TMZ has reported that Bendik, 35, was a nightclub owner, and was found dead by a maid on Thursday, July 10. It’s believed that Glee actress Becca Tobin was there at the time of her boyfriend’s death, but no one is certain if she was present when Bendik’s body was found.
As some of you may know, Becca Tobin was an actress on Glee and played Kitty Wilde on the Fox show. Kitty was the younger generation’s “mean cheerleader” on the show, and joined Glee back in 2012. She was last seen on the episode titled “The Untitled Rachel Berry Project” which aired in 2014.
Right now we don’t know the circumstances around Tobin’s boyfriend’s death as no new information has been disclosed yet.
In an attempt to pay their respects to the late club owner, one of the clubs that Bendik worked at posted a photo of the sign they updated after hearing about Matt’s passing.
— DBA Hollywood (@DBAHollywood) July 11, 2014
Matt’s last Instagram post was a popular “Women Crush Wednesday” weekly ritual. For the occasion he posted a photo of the Glee actress with the hashtag #WCW.
As the news is breaking fans of Twitter are coming together to send messages of support to Tobin.
#staystrongbecca becca tobin’s boyfriend just died omg 🙁 pic.twitter.com/nVeXAJX4Az
— stay strong becca (@Iizbian) July 11, 2014
One fan account voiced that it was more important to respect the actress’ privacy than to tweet her about her loss.
Don’t tweet Becca Tobin about her loss please, respect her privacy…
— Becca Tobin News (@BoBecNews) July 11, 2014
Some people are suggesting that the Glee cast is cursed. Tobin’s boyfriend’s death comes days before the first anniversary of Cory Monteith’s death.
On July 13, Monteith was found dead at the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel room in Vancouver. His body was found when hotel staff noticed that he failed to check out following a seven-night stay at the hotel. Monteith, who was dating his Glee co-star Lea Michele, died of a mixed drug toxicity of heroin and alcohol. At the time, Monteith also had codeine and morphine in his system.
[Images via Instagram and Twitter]