The Minecraft Pocket Edition update brings infinite worlds, Enderman, wolves and a bevy of other content for the portable blocky world builder. The update will drop on Thursday, July 10 for iOS and Android devices.
The Minecraft Pocket Edition update is the biggest ever for the mobile title which has not seen an update since December of 2013 not counting the April release for the Amazon Fire TV. The last content update was the previous update 0.8.0 which added an impressive amount of content in materials, graphical updates and other blocks/items for the game.
In the new 0.9.0 update there is a great deal of content which was posted on the Mojang blog earlier today along with a teaser video which is at the bottom of this story. The updates include:
- Infinite worlds!
- Loads of new blocks and items including Monster Eggs and huge mushroom blocks.
- Wolves! Tame a loyal companion.
- Loads of new flowers! So pretty.
- New mobs, including the spooky endermen and less spooky Mooshrooms.
- New biomes from the PC version, including mesas, jungles, swamps and extreme hills.
- Abandoned mineshafts, villages, and many other cool places to explore.
- A brand-new “interaction” button. Never accidentally punch a sheep again!
- New feature generation, including lakes, vines and monster rooms.
- Many bugs fixed, and possibly a few added.
The Minecraft Pocket Edition 0.9.0 update is part of the mobile version of Minecraft which is developed by Mojang AB. Originally launched on the Google Play store in 2011, it has since been ported to the iOS App Store in 2012, and the Amazon Appstore in 2014 for the Fire TV.
The pocket version of Minecraft is the same as its bigger PC and console brethren where gamers can play in survival mode, though without all the elements available in the PC/console versions such as redstone. Creative mode is also available.
Even though the consoles have outsold the PC version as we reported previously, the mobile version has taken over its PC cousin in terms of graphic fidelity in the 0.8.0 update. The render distance is significantly higher and light tinting and shading is affect by the sun’s position. No details are present in the Minecraft Pocket Edition 0.9.0 update in terms of further graphical improvements.
Image Source | Mojang