In a very short period of time Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 has managed to surpass the $1 billion box office mark while taking the number 8 all-time box office spot that was previously occupied by The Dark Night.
The move into the billion dollar club also makes the final Harry Potter film the only one of the eight movies in the franchise to pass that bit milestone mark.
The movie has some hot competition on their hands this year with Transformers: Dark of the Moon already earning $983 million.
Here’s the list of the top 10 earning Hollywood movies of all time:
- Avatar ($2.8 billion)
- Titanic ( $ 1.8 billion)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King ($1.11 billion)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest ($1.07 billion)
- Toy Story 3 ($1.06 billion)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides ($1.03 billion)
- Alice in Wonderland ($1.02 billion)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 ($1.01 billion)
- The Dark Knight ($1.00 billion)
If Potter mania keeps up as it has the movie could soon catch up to the pack leaders, although the $2.8 billion earned by Avatar to date seems fairly safe for the moment.
How many times have you supported the films $1 billion mark? I know plenty of people who have seen the movie more than one time.