Awkward wedding photos are just one of the common offshoots of the phenomenon popularized by AwkwardFamilyPhotos.com, which involves posting your most embarrassing pictures ever taken for all the world to see.
When it comes to weddings, people clearly have unusual ideas as to what is funny, classy, elegant, or romantic. We’re not going to try and interpret meaning here, nor are we going to investigate the authenticity of every entry.
After all, it could be that many of these awkward wedding photos you’re about to see came about as a result of couples wanting to get “Internet famous.”
In some cases, they’ve succeeded. In others, well, we’ll let you decide.
As far as sourcing is concerned, most of these do come from the Awkward Family Photos website. Whenever possible, we’ve tried to highlight where they don’t.
Let’s get started.
50. Happy to be here…
49. Always make sure the dresses match the curtains.
48. We don’t even want to know…
47. Is she breathing?
45. Can’t get you out of my head, girl.
44. So I married an axe murderer…
43. Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.
42. Every man should know his place.
41. You’d better treat him right, sweetie.
40. Nice hats!
39. What is wrong with this picture; looks great to us!
38. This must have been what Kenny and Dolly were singing about all those years.
37. Murdering your wife — hilarious.
36. No white powder!
35. A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
34. In case there was any confusion…
32. Nothing says love like throwing a chicken in the air.
31. Don’t waste a moment.
30. It should have been me!
29. Stacy’s mom has got it going on…
28. With family pet.
27. A little young, don’t ya think?
26. The ceremony was well-attended.
25. Children are meant to be seen and not heard.
24. Okay, who forgot to send his invite?
22. Smiles all around…
21. When one man isn’t enough…
20. A family of three…
19. The wedding party (in front and back and all over).
18. Someone stayed too long at the party.
17. Swan Lake
16. Oh, Adam, I got something for ya!
15. Honey, I shrunk you.
14. Go Team!
13. What aisle is this?
12. Kicking and screaming.
11. No comment.
10. Two of these things do not belong.
8. We got a feeling he didn’t show, and she decided to take pictures anyway.
7. Sweet, but weird looking.
6. World’s Cutest Couple
4. Wallet or wedgie time?
3. Call the cops. Immediately.
2. We don’t have high hopes that these two will stay in shape, but they sure look happy.
Which of these awkward wedding photos did you feel was the worst? Share your thoughts in our comments section.