Pot Cookie Eaten By Student Blamed For His Death

A pot cookie consumed by a Wyoming student in Denver while visiting a friend has been blame,d for leading to his fatal fall from a motel balcony. The incident occurred on March 11 when 19-year-old Levy Thamba Pongi, a native of the Republic of Congo, fell from the balcony.

A significant reason for his death, according the autopsy report just released, notes that his consumption of marijuana was a “significant contributing factor.” Michelle Weiss-Samaras, a spokeswoman for the Denver medical examiner’s office, said: “We have not had that.”

Friends of the deceased student told police that after he consumed the pot cookie, which had been purchased for him by a friend, he began to exhibit hostile behavior, including pulling things off walls and general vandalism.

According to the report, Pongi’s friend’s attempts to calm him down seemed to work, until he went outside to the balcony and jumped for no apparent reason. It is unclear at this time whether or not the friend who purchased the cookie will face charges since he was old enough, and legally entitled to buy it.

The autopsy noted that Pongi’s body was tested for over 250 various substances, including bath salts and synthetic marijuana. One of Pongi’s friends who also tried a pot cookie felt sick after consuming it, leading to a suggestions that a bad batch of the cookies may even have something to do with it.

As well as that, the concentration of THC – the active ingredient in marijuana – in Pongi’s blood was 7.2 nanograms, which is at least 2 nanograms over the legal limit for driving a car.

A statement from the Northwest College in Powell, Wyo., said: “The Northwest College campus community continues to grieve after Levy’s death. All of us were deeply saddened by this tragic incident and feel for his family.”