While Britney Spears has enjoyed a cult-like following ever since her “Baby, One More Time” days, as of late she’s been slacking a little on the fashion scale. But her body definitely isn’t suffering, as she recently tweeted the above photo of her Vegas-toned bikini body.
But when Britney was spotted with boyfriend David Lucado at Moonshadows in Malibu on Tuesday sporting a beehive hair-do and platform sneakers with striped socks peeking out of the top, many people began to question her sanity, again. Oh, did I mention she was sporting denim shorts with this ensemble? Britney, what are you doing?!
To take our mind off of this unfortunate incident and in the hopes that it won’t happen again (at least not anytime soon) let’s take a look at Britney’s top five looks of 2013 and hope that she hops back on the wagon before the end of 2014.
1. Two children? Who had those? Fuse.tv voted her Sexiest Female Musician of 2013, and rightfully so. That body doesn’t look like it’s seen anything harder than a salad and a sunbathing session out on the beach.
2. In this shot for Shape magazine in 2013, she bares her midriff and does it the right way with a bralet and a high-waisted pencil skirt. Fashion forward, Ms. Spears. Good choice.
3. This is a rare form. We call this “Decent Britney.” This photo is a candid from January 2013, and shows that she can be covered up and still look great at the same time. But it’s always okay to show a little leg.
4. Although the sleeked back hair isn’t her greatest hairdo, she still looks better with that than the beehive…let’s leave that to Aretha Franklin, shall we?
5. Oh no, how did this get here? Well… No one can look great all the time. But she’s the Queen, so it’s okay, right?At least she has the confidence to go out in public without being all celebrity…ish.
Lately, Spears has been keeping herself busy (and fit) with her Las Vegas show, ‘Piece of Me,’ which has been getting rave reviews. Celebs like Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus and Adam Lambert have attended the first performance of her show and Spears even tweeted a thank you to Miley after the performance:
Love you so much! Thank you for coming to #PieceOfMe! I adore you :)”
Aside from a wardrobe malfunction and a mic dropping incident, Britney has been killing it in Vegas.
She just keeps hitting us, one more time.