Here is the list of PlayStation 4 and Xbox One launch titles confirmed as of E3 2013!
E3 2013 has been a storm of gaming news even before it started, with Xbox One presumably handing the victory over to the PlayStation 4, as previously reported in The Inquisitr. However, if you’re still up in the air about which next generation console you plan on buying in spite of all of the confirmed DRM and online rumors and price announcements, perhaps the list of launch titles for each console will help make up your mind.
As you likely know by now, history has proven that the games sell the console in the long run. If it wasn’t for Metal Gear Solid, would PlayStation 3 fans have been so loyal to Sony’s console? If it wasn’t for Prototype, would the Xbox 360 have had such a loyal gamer base? It’s time to look at the launch titles; the games you will be able to pop in that plucky machine of yours the instant you get it home and tear through the packing material like Wolverine.
Are you ready? Let’s do this.
Here are the games that will be available at launch for both the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One:
- Battlefield 4 – the followup to the urban warfare first-person shooter series.
- Call of Duty: Ghosts – the next in the line of realistic war games, this time co-starring a dog that follows voice commands.
- FIFA 14 – this year’s entry in EA Sports’ soccer game series.
- Madden NFL 25 – the next in the long-running football series from the sports announcer Frank Caliendo loves to impersonate.
- NBA Live 14 – This year’s edition of the basketball series from EA Sports.
- Skylanders: Swap Force – the next game in the collectible figure series that allows players to import characters into the game.
PlayStation 4 launch titles include:
- Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag – British pirate Edward Kenway takes his turn at fighting the Knights Templar.
- DC Universe Online – a free-to-play game still under construction starring the likes of Batman, Superman and friends (and foes).
- DriveClub – a collector-focused car game for enthusiasts who like to show off their ride.
- Killzone Shadow Fall – a mission-based followup to Killzone 3.
- Knack – a platformer where you control a small robot in a fight against goblins.
- Need for Speed: Rivals – the latest in EA’s long-running racing series.
- Planetside 2 – a new MMOFPS (Massively Multiplayer Online First-Person Shooter) in the making.
- Warframe – another free-to-play title featuring exosuits in a war game scenario.
- Watch Dogs – Aiden Pearce is an assassin who hacks into the world around him to find his targets.
Xbox One launch titles include:
- Dead Rising 3 – the next game in Capcom’s other popular zombie series starring a reporter who just has to get pictures.
- Forza Motorsport 5 – the latest in the popular racing series.
- Killer Instinct – the revival of the CG fighting game franchise that fell victim to scandal.
- Kinect Sports Rivals – Microsoft’s sports title being packaged with the console.
- LocoCycle – a game about a sentient motorcycle that happens to be a “female” assassin.
- Ryse: Son of Rome – a medieval war simulator of sorts.
What do you think of the launch titles for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One? Is it enough to help you decide if you haven’t already?