As the weeks tick down to the birth of Kim Kardashian’s first child, father-to-be Kanye West has been busy coming up with names for the little one. From the sound of things, this may not be the best idea.
According to Metro, the rapper came up with a list of potential names while at Paris Fashion Week last month, and has already identified his favorite so far: North. And yes, that would make the child’s full name “North West”. That seems to be part of the plan.
Whether West’s choice sits well with the Kardashian clan is currently unknown. While it continues the trend of unconventional celebrity names, it doesn’t fit with the Kardashian family tradition of names beginning with “K”. Kim, of course, has siblings and half-siblings called Khloe, Kourtney, Kylie and Kendall. Who knows what mum Kris would make of Kanye’s plans?
When not busy jotting down baby names, Kanye’s mind has been turning to his art. Apparently, the rapper is keen to call his next album “I Am God.” A source told The Sun:
“Kanye’s ego is something else, so he’s quite serious about the title. He also has a sense of humor though and knows how his self-indulgence is seen by the general public. It’s half tongue-in-cheek, half what Kanye probably feels is true.”
In honor of Kanye’s baby name brainstorming session, and in the vain hope of providing Kimye with further inspiration, we humbly present our ten favorite ridiculous celebrity baby names:
– Zuma Nesta Rock (parents: Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale)
– Moxie Crimefighter (Penn Jillette)
– Fifi Trixiebell (Bob Geldof and Paula Yates)
– Prince Michael II/”Blanket” (Michael Jackson)
– Sage Moonblood (Sylvester Stallone)
– Satchel (Woody Allen and Mia Farrow)
– Bronx Mowgli (Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz)
– Moon Unit (Frank Zappa, who also gets our vote for naming his daughter “Diva Thin Muffin”)
– Free (Barbara Hershey and David Carradine)
– Pilot Inspektor (Jason Lee)
[Image via Shutterstock.com]