Here’s what we know about Lolo Jones. She’s an Olympic hurdler. She’s a 29-year-old virgin. She’s single. And she’s pretty funny.
Lolo Jones gained thousands of Twitter followers (Yahoo reports that she gained 20,000 followers this week for a total of 88,000 foll0wers) after she told HBO’s Real Sports that staying a virgin has been harder than training for the Olympics. But the “controversy” over her virginity isn’t the only reason to follow Jones. She’s also pretty funny.
Whether she’s giving updates about her Olympic journey (Happy with my first race in Top Three. I shouldn’t have helped Super Woman catch villains late last night… perhaps,I would’ve ran better) or talking about life as a single woman (the good thing about being single is you don’t have to charge your phone but every three of four days) Jones Twitter feed is a constant string of funny anecdotes.
- Friday night, alone and Watching bridal shows on TV. Its like being on death row and asking for a TV dinner as your last meal?
- I just called my ex boyfriend 50 times (back to back) because lets face it, for the next 24 hours, my crazu still cant top Pilar Sanders
- Wendy Williams said I could be a super model. I didn’t have the heart to tell her my hopes are to be a plus size model after the Olympics.
- fellas, fellas, fellas… do you really want to watch “Say Yes to the Dress” with me?… cos I have that lined up for date #1
- Alone at home and I got a surprise visit from drug testers. Not mad they showed up, I’m mad they knew I’d be home on Friday night #single
- I want my own reality tv show. Come film me as I lay on the couch watching other reality TV shows.
Do you follow Lolo Jones on Twitter?
The International Olympic Committee is working to make the 2012 London Olympics the most social in history. The IOC has already partnered with FourSquare and the group is encouraging fans to follow their favorite athletes on social media sites.