A rat head was found at a Golden Corral in Florida, according to a 36-year-old customer. According to The New York Daily News, 36-year-old Billy Wilson was just minding his own business at a Golden Corral buffet in Cape Coral. As he took a bite of his chili, he crunched down on something. In case you didn’t know, chili is not supposed to be “crunchy.” What happened next is just plain gross.
“The first bite I took out of it was a crunch, and at the time, I was like maybe, you know, sometimes you get a hard bean inside of chili. When I seen it, I just went into the bathroom and threw up. Ugh, I just couldn’t get the taste out of my mouth. It was just nasty.”
There was a rat head in the Golden Corral chili! Wilson called a waitress over and a manager was summoned to the table.
Florida Man Finds Rat’s Head in Chili | http://t.co/EBBDzW9GEj pic.twitter.com/3r91kuMVez
— Florida Man (@_FloridaMan) October 20, 2014
“He inspected it and was like, ‘Wow, that is a rat.’ So, he took pictures of it, moved it around a little bit, took pictures in different angles,” Wilson explained. Soon after, Wilson went to the hospital to get checked out. He brought the rat head along with him to show the medical staff that treated him in the emergency room.
“I brought the rat up to the ER and they were all horrified, also. They couldn’t believe it,” Wilson said. According to Mail Online, Wilson was treated for gastroenteritis, commonly known as “stomach flu.”
A rat head at Golden Corral may not be surprising to some people, especially if you’ve ever heard news about the eatery. As previously reported by The Inquisitr, a video went viral after an employee posted it online back in 2013. The video showed raw meat being stored next to a dumpster. The employee claims that the food was moved to that location to “avoid health inspectors.” Golden Corral released a statement a short time later.
“A video was recently posted showing an incident of improper food handling at our Port Orange, Florida location. None of these items were served to a single customer. All were destroyed within the hour at the direction of management. Brandon Huber, the employee who made the video, participated in the disposal of the food. The following day, the father of the employee, posted an offer to sell the video for $5,000, which was not accepted. The manager involved in the improper storage was terminated for failing to follow approved food handling procedures.”
So far, no statement about the rat head has been released.
[Photo courtesy of Ildar Sagdejev via Wikimedia Commons]