The Farrelly Brothers, the directors behind the upcoming sequel to their smash hit comedy sensation, Dumb and Dumber, are given one fan the chance to to win a part in Dumb And Dumber To.
The writer and director team launched a Vine competition via their Facebook page, and the post revealed all of the entry details for the event.
The pair wrote, “Alright, here are the contest rules for Winning A Walk-On On Dumb & Dumber To! First, make a Vine re-creating a scene from the original Dumb & Dumber, but put your own spin on it. Use the hashtag #DumbTo so we can see them all (Yeah yeah, I know what a “hashtag” is… now).”
The filmmaker then added, “You have until September 15, 2013 to post. After September 15, Bobby and I will pick the winner. The winner and a friend gets to be a walk-on on the film.”
Previously, Jeff Daniels talked to Jimmy Fallon about the upcoming film, stating, “It’ll be the 20th anniversary of the first one next year when it’s released. I’ve seen the script. It’s hysterical. We’re middle-aged. We’re not pretending we aren’t. We’re middle-aged and we’re still that stupid.”
Daniels also told The Associated Press why Jim Carrey was against the sequel, remarking, “But he turned 50 and that will mellow you out, and suddenly he’s going, ‘Let’s have some fun. … Come on,’ and we’re going, ‘Great,’ and so the Farrellys said, ‘This isn’t a money grab. Let’s really write a great second movie that takes the original and then blows it up even further, and so I think they did that.”
The Newsroom star also revealed that it took two years for the film to find a home at Universal, after Warner Bros. rejected the earlier script.
He declared, “The easiest thing to say in Hollywood is ‘no.’ You keep your job if you say ‘no.’ If you say ‘yes’ and you’re not right, you lose your job.There’s a lot of ‘no.’ And we had a lot of ‘no’ for two years and finally ‘yes,’ it’s comin’ around, and I think it’s got a chance to be I hope better than the first one.”