George Michael Released From Hospital Following Accident

George Michael has been released from the hospital following an accident earlier this month.

The singer made headlines after he fell out of a moving car and onto a road while trying to adjust the door. Michael was immediately taken to an area hospital where he was treated for “cuts and bruises.”

Reuters is reporting that George Michael has been discharged following the accident. A statement on his official website suggests that he still needs time to recover from his spill.

“We can confirm that George Michael has been discharged from hospital and continues to rest and recuperate. He is well and thanks everyone for all the messages of support,” the statement explained.

The “Faith” singer was traveling as a passenger in a car on the M1 motorway when he tumbled out of the door. The accident reportedly took place in the middle of rush hour in London.

According to Sky News, 23-year-old Katherine Fox stopped her car to check on Michael after she saw him fall out of the vehicle on May 16. She said she attempted to prevent other cars from hitting him while he was laying on the roadway.

Fox said the singer was in pretty rough shape after falling out of the car.

“There was a nasty cut on his forehead and the back of his head. There was blood all down his face and on his teeth. He was breathing and conscious but in shock,” she explained.

The Inquisitr previously reported that George Michael was airlifted to an area hospital after being treated at the scene. Initial reports were confusing and vague, a fact that was compounded by a short statement from the singer’s rep.

“George Michael was a passenger in a vehicle involved in a traffic accident yesterday evening. No third party was involved. We have no further comment at this time,” Connie Filippello said shortly after the accident.

George Michael is still recovering from the accident at his home in London. No further details are available as of this writing.

[Image via Mark III Photonics /]