NBA Player Gets Death Threats From Ball Boy

NBA player Patrick Beverley received death threats from an Oklahoma City Thunder ball boy following Russell Westbrook’s injury on Wednesday night.

Westbrook suffered a season ending injury on Wednesday night when Beverley lunged for a steal during the Thunder’s game against the Rockets. Beverley has been criticized by some for making a dangerous play on Westbrook but the NBA player definitely doesn’t deserve death threats.

According to the Houston Chronicle, ball boy Mitchell Brown wrote on Twitter: “Patrick Beverly, I’m coming to kill you.”

Capt. Dexter Nelson, a spokesman for the Oklahoma City Police Department, said that the police were currently investigating the incident.

Thunder spokesperson Matt Tumbleson said: “We do not condone his comments. He works game nights on a voluntary basis. We will handle this matter internally.”

ESPN reports that Brown apologized for the remark, saying that it was “completely inappropriate.”

Brown said: “Yesterday I posted something completely inappropriate and I need to apologize. I was out of line and it will not happen again.”

Brown, who has deleted his account, sent one last tweet to Beverley claiming that his account had been hacked.

Brown wrote: “@patbev21 yesterday someone tweeted on my account making a death threat towards you and it wasn’t me. I apologize.”

It’s unclear if the 17-year-old will face any sort of legal consequences for sending death threats to Beverley. For now, it seems like that matter will be settled within the Thunder organization.