When it comes to planning and plotting in the movie industry, no one does it better than the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Since Iron Man debuted in 2008, directors and screenwriters have strategically hidden easter eggs in every film and have perfectly set up all 20 of the movies fans have been enjoying over the last 10 years. There is no announcement, release, or easter egg that isn't done for a specific reason. There is no such thing as random when it comes to the MCU. So, one might wonder if the Endgame trailer was released on December 7 on purpose.
Rumor had it the trailer was supposed to drop on December 5, but the studio pushed it back to honor the National Day of Mourning for President George H.W. Bush. However, when it comes to the timing of the release, it's not the date that's significant but the week. Now that the movie premiere has been moved up one week, there is just enough time between now and the debut for fans to watch one Marvel movie a week.
Starting with this week and the first Iron Man movie, fans can work their way through the three phases of the Marvel Cinematic Universe to refresh their memory before the ultimate conclusion comes at the end of April. Here's how to watch a movie per week in what might be the longest movie marathon ever.
- Week of December 2: Iron Man
- Week of December 9: The Incredible Hulk
- Week of December 16: Iron Man 2
- Week of December 23: Thor
- Week of December 30: Captain America: The First Avenger
- Week of January 6: The Avengers
- Week of January 13: Iron Man 3
- Week of January 20: Thor: The Dark World
- Week of January 27: Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- Week of February 3: Guardians of the Galaxy
- Week of February 10: Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Week of February 17: Ant-Man
- Week of February 24: Captain America: Civil War
- Week of March 3: Doctor Strange
- Week of March 10: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
- Week of March 17: Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Week of March 24: Thor: Ragnarok
- Week of March 31: Black Panther
- Week of April 4: Avengers: Infinity War
- Week of April 14: Ant-Man and the Wasp
- Week of April 21: Captain Marvel
Avengers: Endgame hits theaters on April 26, 2019. The film stars Mark Ruffalo, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Robert Downey, Jr., Scarlett Johansson, Don Cheadle, Josh Brolin, Danai Gurira, Karen Gillan, Paul Rudd, Jeremy Renner, and Brie Larson.