Ariana Grande Calls Concert Bombing A ‘Cowardly Act,’ Suspect Arrested In Connection With Attack On Manchester

Ariana Grande broke her silence after the tragic concert bombing at the Manchester Arena, calling the attack a “cowardly act” and expressing “sorrow” for the victims. Police have confirmed that they arrested a 23-year-old man in connection with the attack.

Feeling “broken” after her concertgoers were attacked.

The pop star released a public statement following the horrific arena bombing in Manchester at the concert venue where she was performing.

Ariana Grande posted on social media after the concert bombing, saying that she felt “broken” and was “so sorry” for what happened, and she didn’t even “have the words” to say enough.

Her official team shared a public statement on behalf of Grande, E! News reported.

“Tonight, our hearts are broken. Words cannot express our sorrow for the victims and families harmed in this senseless attack. We mourn the lives of children and loved ones taken by this cowardly act.”

It continued to say that Ariana and her team were “thankful for the selfless service tonight of Manchester’s first responders who rushed towards danger to help save lives.”

The statement finished by asking people to hold all of the victims and their families in their prayers.

It was reported 22 people by were killed during the shocking attack at Ariana Grande’s concert, while an estimated 59 more people were injured, according to Chief Constable Ian Hopkins of the Greater Manchester Police.

The Greater Manchester Police officials released a statement following the incident saying that the situation was being “treated as a terrorist attack” until they know otherwise.

Suspect arrested. Working alone?

NBC News reported on Monday night that authorities in the U.K. suspect that a suicide bomber was responsible for the attack. The bomb went off after the concert as people were departing from the venue just outside the main arena.

The Greater Manchester Police Department’s official Twitter account confirmed that they hadarrested a 23-year-old man in South Manchester who they believe was involved in the bombing after Ariana Grande’s concert.

Chief Hopkins described Monday night’s attack as a “despicable act” and said that they currently have a team of “specially-trained Family Liaison Officers” who are supporting the families of the victims who lost their lives.

He said that the police and the coroner would release the names of the 22 innocent people who lost their lives once their families are ready and have been “appropriately supported.”

Along with arresting the 23-year-old man in South Manchester, two warrants have been carried out in Whalley Range and Fallowfield that “included a controlled explosion to enable safe entry.”

The Chief of Police also confirmed that they had been visited by the Prime Minister and Home Secretary, and they had taken them through emergency responses.

“I can confirm that the man suspected of carrying out last night’s atrocity has been named as 22-year-old Salman Abedi. However, he has not yet been formally identified and I wouldn’t wish, therefore, to comment further.”

He finished off his statement by saying that their priority will be to determine whether Abedi was “acting alone or as a part of a network.”

Ariana Grande’s opener speaks out.

Ariana’s tour opener, Victoria Monét, also spoke out following the attack in Manchester, saying that she would “never understand this.”

“I wish I could say that I am ok, but I’m not.”

“Safe? Yes, but heartbroken that loved ones who came to have the night of their lives ended up losing them. They weren’t safe. I will never understand this hate!”

“This was supposed to be their safe place! I’m so hurt and frustrated I don’t know how to handle this and I can’t smile and I feel useless I’m sorry. Lord help me find strength.”

The 24-year-old singer said she was going to stay off social media for the time being and asked her fans to send prayers to the victims in Manchester.

[Featured Image by Jamie McCarthy / Staff / Getty Images]