We are three days away from UFC 208: Holm vs. de Randamie and the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is pushing the promotions through the door. This includes a video showcasing the “Top 8 Finishes” in association to the fighters participating at the pay-per-view. Suspiciously, the one finish not featured was Holly Holm’s historic knockout of Ronda Rousey.
According to a written article by MMA Mania, it reports that the UFC featured a “Top 8 Finishes” video as part of their promotions for the upcoming pay-per-view in Brooklyn, New York this Saturday. It featured the key main card combatants, which included Anderson Silva and Holly Holm.
As many MMA fans know, Holm is famous for her historic knockout of Ronda Rousey at UFC 193: Rousey vs. Holm when Ronda Rousey defended her championship against a hungry Holm. Everyone from the critics, experts, and Ronda Rousey fans said “Rowdy” would add another arm trophy to her collection. Instead, she was humiliated as “The Preacher’s Daughter” peppered her with shots, tired her out, then ultimately put out her lights with a vicious head kick. See Ronda Rousey fall over in defeat was something nobody thought anyone would ever see.
Related Articles by the Inquisitr
- UFC 208: Germaine de Randamie Says “She Knocked Out Guy Who Had 40 lbs On Her”
- Dana White: Korean Zombie’s Win “Seals Deal” For UFC To Return To Korea
- Ronda Rousey Retired? UFC President Dana White Reveals MMA Star’s Future
- Conor McGregor PPV Interview Focuses On Mayweather Match, But Dana White Says Without UFC Promotion, Match Would Be “Epic Fail”
- UFC President Dana White Fires Back At Meryl Streep Over Golden Globes Speech, Calls Her An “Uppity, 80-Year-Old Lady”
Needless to say but Holly Holm finishing Ronda Rousey would surely be in the “Top 8 Finishes” for UFC 208 fighters. But as we mentioned earlier, suspiciously, it was not featured. This does not make any sense given the fact that Holm, along with Germaine de Randamie, is headlining the pay-per-view event. Even worse, Holm wasn’t featured at all.
It is hypothesized that Holly Holm’s knockout of Ronda Rousey, or that Holm herself for that matter, were left off the feature in consideration of Rousey. At this moment, it is mere speculation on behalf of the MMA media, but Rousey was reported to have very influential friends in very high places; specifically, UFC’s Dana White.
Anyways, for those unable to watch the video of the “Top 8 Finishes” pertaining to UFC 208, here is the list starting with number one and ending with number eight.
- Anderson Silva knocks out Rich Franklin at UFC 64
- Glover Teixeira knocks out Rashad Evans at UFC on Fox 19
- Ronald Souza knocks out Yushin Okami at UFC Fight Night 28
- Jim Miller chokes out Melvin Guillard at UFC on FX 1
- Derek Brunson knocks out Uriah Hall at UFC Fight Night 94
- Germaine de Randamie knocks out Anna Elmose at UFC Fight Night 87
- Tim Boetsch knocks out Brad Tavares at UFC Fight Night 47
- Dustin Poirier knocks out Bobby Green at UFC 199
UFC 208: Holm vs. de Randamie will take place this coming Saturday, February 11 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. It will be headlined by Holly Holm and Germaine de Randamie in the inaugural fight for the UFC Women’s Featherweight Championship. It will also feature a co-main event of Anderson Silva fighting Derek Brunson.
[Featured Image by Quinn Rooney/Getty Images]