Nowadays, the influence of social media on everybody's lives is absolutely overwhelming. Social media has become an inseparable part of our life, and the idea of the world without it seems incomplete to us. With billions of people connecting from around the globe, the world has become a smaller place, and no one can deny the fact that it has all been possible due to vastly increasing social networks.
Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and many other social networking sites have totally changed our lives. While some of us may argue that social media have brought more negatives than positives in our lives, the majority of the people believe that the quality of our lives has been enhanced by the use of social media.
Here are top 10 positive aspects of social network in our lives:
1. ConnectivityThis is one of the best things that the social media has graced us with. People from different corners of the world can easily and instantly connect with each other through countless platforms. The information flows quickly, so one can immediately know the things that have happened even in the most remote places on the planet. Irrespective of religion, language, and nationality, the millions of people of the world have come under same roof through the social media.
2. Making Friends
Thanks to various social sites – particularly Facebook – making new friends is so much easier and faster today. A few decades ago, it was quite tough to build friendships with new people as the only way to connect and know people was through face-to-face interaction. Not only can you befriend new people through it but also you can also rekindle your relationships with your old buddies.
3. Sharing Your Thoughts And FeelingsSharing our thoughts and feelings over a wide range of people is one of the major advantage of the social media. Happiness, sadness, joy and other human emotions can be conveyed to friends and family through status, photos, and videos. Social sites like Facebook and Whatsapp help us reach to those people that matter most in our lives and eventually receive appreciation, love, and kindness from them.
4. To Be In Touch With The World
Nowadays, to remain up to date is very essential, and there is no better platform than social sites to keep up with the pace of the world. What happens around the world circulates so quickly through Facebook and Twitter providing vast information, which otherwise would have been difficult. From U.S. presidential election news to the price of new iPhone, from Syrian conflict to the latest buzz on Hollywood, every detail of news can be known with a single click on your gadget in the social network.
5. Unleashing Your PotentialSocial media is the cheapest yet reliable stage to express your inner talents and potential. If you want to become a writer, you can post your writings and you can have feedback from your readers instantly. Many bloggers on the social sites are earning both reputation and money today.
And if you are a good singer, you can upload your songs. People will give you an immediate response on your skills, which can inspire you to follow your passion.
6. Promotional ToolCompanies and artists can reach an infinitely large and varied amount of audience using social media sites. Since many people use various social sites these days, they have proved to be a great platform to promote movies, books, and music videos using little time and energy.
7. Faster Sharing Of InformationSocial media, undoubtedly, has revolutionized the speed of the news cycle. Most news channels now hugely depend on social media sites to collect and share information. Social media, especially Twitter, is increasingly becoming a major source for breaking news.
8. EducationRegardless of your location and educational background, you can self-educate yourselves by reading your topic of interest. Youngsters are mostly helped by these social sites as they can easily share informative videos and articles.
9. AwarenessOne of the pros of the social media is that they help to spread social awareness among people. Many vital information on the quality of life, bad effects of drugs and alcohol, or importance of equality among people can be provided to people by its proper use.
10. Unites PeopleThe beauty of our world is that it is filled with diversity people with various religious, racial, and cultural backgrounds. Through the social media, we can get in touch and unite with those people, whose beliefs and backgrounds are not same as our own. Different traditions and culture can be known and shared through the social media, which can help the world to be a better place.
[Featured Image by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images]