Excited yet for the release of Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization? Here are the exciting early-access contents available to those who pre-ordered the game.
The Sword Art Online franchise started gaining international fame when the first Sword Art Online anime released in 2012. The anime, which has already run for two seasons, is based on the 2009 Japanese light novel series written by Reki Kawahara.
If you’re already itching for the Season 3 of Sword Art Online to release, then you may want to quench your Sword Art Online thirst first with this new Sword Art Online game that will propel you right into the shoes of the series’ protagonists. Developed by Aquria and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita, Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization is the fourth game based from Kawahara’s light novels.
In a few more days, Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization is docking into Japanese and Western shores. However, if you’re one of the people who have pre-ordered the video game through the PlayStation Store in Japan, Yibada reports that you will be able to get your hands on the game’s main story one week earlier than everyone else. Pretty sweet, right?
The early-access content for Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization is called βeater’s Player Rights and will give the player access to up to a certain part of the main story. Siliconera lists the full specifications of what the player can or cannot do as part of the βeater’s Player Rights content.
- “Story: Until You Beat Stage 1’s Boss – This features around 10-15 hours of gameplay.
- Level Cap: Up Until Lv 20 (NPCs Included)
- Weapon Proficiency: Each Weapon Can Be Raised Up To 200 – The full version will allow it to go all the way up to 1,000
- Skills Other Than Some High-Ranked Skills Will Be Unlockable – By increasing weapon proficiency levels, you’ll get to use skill points to unlock skills
- Quest: Stage 1’s Areas Can Be Played As Many Times Possible – You’ll get to go around gathering materials or take on powerful enemies.
- Friendship Levels Can Be Increased Up To 3
- Friends: Take On Quests To Increase Friendship Levels, Recruit Other Players And AI Players
- Trophy: Any Acquired Will Be Carried Over to Full Release
- AI NPC Characters Won’t Revive If They Die
- Dating/Pillow Talk Won’t Be Available Until Full Release – Look forward to it!”
It was also made known during the announcement of Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization that those with saved data from previous Sword Art Online games will get in-game bonuses. These bonuses won’t come in yet during the roll-out of the early-access content, as well as multiplayer content and dating.
Bandai Namco has also shared with us two new exciting characters that will join you on your journey in Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization.
A previous Siliconera report notes that Yuuki will be included as a playable character in Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization. She wields a single-handed sword so well she is called the “Absolute Sword” and will be the protagonist of Sisters’ Prayer, the bonus side story by Kawahara Reki.
A mysterious NPC called Premiere is also introduced in the Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization trailer. Although we don’t know much about her, it looks like she’ll be playing a large part in the main story line.
It’s also been confirmed that if any NPC dies in combat, you’ll never get to meet them again throughout the game.
Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization will be making an official release in Japan on October 27 for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita. Western countries can expect an English version of the game to release on November 8.
Yet to decide whether you’re getting Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization for your PlayStation 4 or PlayStation Vita? Watch this new footage of Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization for the PlayStation Vita to help you make a decision.
[Featured Image by Bandai Namco]