Could Kim Kardashian be quitting Keeping Up With the Kardashians due to her recent robbery in Paris, France?
According to a new report, Kim Kardashian’s husband, Kanye West, is encouraging the longtime reality star to leave the show and regain her privacy after the terrifying ordeal. In fact, a source claims West is demanding Kim Kardashian chose her family over her fame once and for all.
Kanye West “was freaking out” when he was informed of Kim Kardashian’s robbery, a source close to the family told Radar Online on October 4. “Kanye was the most angry and upset he has ever been.”
— Cosmopolitan (@Cosmopolitan) October 5, 2016
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West have been married for 2 years and share 2 children together, daughter North West and son Saint West, both of whom were in New York City when the robbery took place.
Prior to the incident, West had been staying in Paris with Kim Kardashian to attend a number of events during Paris Fashion Week. Then, on Friday of last week, he left Paris for New York City, where he was scheduled to perform.
“Kanye told [Kim Kardashian] and her family that he thinks she is done with reality TV. He does not want his wife and the mother of his kids killed because of her family’s reality show!” the source continued. “Kanye thinks that if the show weren’t on the air, then the whole world wouldn’t want to keep up with Kim’s every move.”
Since Kim Kardashian’s robbery took place in the wee hours of the morning on Monday, many have suggested it was the reality star who brought incident on herself with her frequent social media updates and photos of her expensive jewelry.
As Radar Online explained, this isn’t the first time a possible exit from Keeping Up With the Kardashians has been considered. Just months ago, a source claimed West was telling his wife that there is no real reason she should remain on the show.
“[Kim Kardashian] definitely doesn’t need the money anymore and Kanye told her that ‘there is not one good reason’ why she should continue doing this show,” the source revealed.
Kim Kardashian cried to concierge during horrific attack: “Are we gonna die?” https://t.co/LDNul61gxL
— HollywoodLife (@HollywoodLife) October 5, 2016
Although Kim Kardashian and her family have been in production on Keeping Up With the Kardashians for the past several months, a source confirmed to Us Weekly earlier this week that the show was not filming when the robbery took place. Instead, Kim Kardashian was with just one other woman in her Paris apartment while her sisters, Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner, enjoyed a night out with Kardashian’s bodyguard.
“All of us at E! are incredibly thankful that Kim Kardashian West is safe, and we send her and her family our love and support,” a spokesperson for the network later told Entertainment Tonightin a statement. “Keeping Up With the Kardashians was not filming at the time of the robbery. Our focus right now is entirely on Kim’s well-being.”
Kim Kardashian and her family stopped filming Keeping Up With the Kardashians after the robbery took place and as the assailants remain at large, it is unclear when the family will return to production. That said, the show is set to return to television in a few weeks for the rest of the season 12 episodes.
To see more of Kim Kardashians, don’t miss Keeping Up With the Kardashians when the series returns to the E! Network for the remainder of its 12th season on Sunday, October 23, at 9 p.m.
[Featured Image by Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images]