A first look at Tyler Hoechlin as Superman in the upcoming season of Supergirl on the The CW has been released. Less than a week after Comic-Con San Diego — the largest gathering of comic book and science fiction enthusiasts in the nation — images of the most iconic superhero in the DC Comics canon have been released with Hoechlin pictured in the highly recognizable blue tights with complimentary red cape and boots.
Tyler Hoechlin as Superman
All throughout the premiere season of Supergirl, they scattered references to her more famous cousin from Metropolis, almost always without using the name “Superman” in the process. Kara would sometimes gets text messages or IMs from her younger/bigger relative, but his face and voice were never used. A face was given when it was officially announced that Tyler Hoechlin would be taking on the daunting task of playing the most recent incarnation of Clark Kent’s alter-ego, as noted by ComicBook.
Hoechlin is most well-known for his role as Derek Hale in the first four seasons of Teen Wolf on MTV. Prior to being cast as Superman, he was also Martin Brewer on 7th Heaven and Michael Sullivan, Jr. in the 2002 film Road to Perdition.
RELATED REPORTS BY THE INQUISITR
- Batman V Superman ‘Honest Trailer’: The Dawn Of Justice Picked Apart By ‘Screen Junkies’ [Video]
- Does DC Universe: Rebirth Reveal What Happens In The Flash Season 3 After The Flashpoint?
- DC Comics: Batman: The Killing Joke Movie & Graphic Novel — Everything You Need To Know
- Netflix: Tired Of Waiting For Marvel’s Daredevil Season 2? Check Out The Cast In These Other Netflix Options
- The CW’s Arrow Season Finale Recap — Who Dies and Who Leaves Team Arrow?
- Arrowverse: The Flash Season Finale Recap — Zoom, The Iron Mask and a Shocking Ending
- Watch And Listen To Mark Hamill Channel The Joker In Batman: The Killing Joke During Star Wars Celebration
- DCTV: Gotham Season Finale Recap — Unexpected Villain Revelaed For Season 3
- Supergirl Season Finale Recap — Spoilers: Kara & James Kiss, Teaser For Season 2
Supergirl Season 2
Just after kissing Superman’s long-time friend James Olson in the first season finale of Supergirl, the mood immediately changed for Kara and company. Supergirl and Martian Manhunter/J’onn J’onzz went to investigate a mysterious explosion in the distance. A pod had crash-landed on our planet — a pod much like the one that Kara and her cousin used to travel to Earth from Krypton. When it was opened, a blue glow reflected on Supergirl’s face as she simply exclaimed, “Oh my God!” Does this mysterious cliffhanger have anything to do with introducing Superman to The CW?
Supergirl has officially moved to The CW — along with Arrow, The Flash, and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow — and even had a cross-over episode in which Barry Allen accidentally landed in the National City of Supergirl’s parallel universe. Many questions still need to be answered about Supergirl and the world that is the Arrowverse on The CW. The Flash ended its second season with Barry traveling back in time and creating a Flashpoint — a disruption in the time-space continuum that results in “butterfly effect” type ramifications. It is expected that the ripple effect will be felt on Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow. Since Supergirl has a DC Comics origin and has come into contact with The Flash, will National City see any of the effects from Barry trying to save his mother’s life?
Season 2 of Supergirl on The CW — featuring appearances by Tyler Hoechlin as Superman — premieres on Monday, October 10, at 8/7c.
[Image via Supergirl/Warner Brothers]